Orchard Hills Weekly Update
Congratulations to our Mr. Smith for being named Novi's Outstanding Elementary School Teacher of the Year!
Fourth grade students will take the M-Step this week. Please check your email for details. If students have a district chromebook please make sure that it is brought to school and fully charged for their test days.
The placement test for 5th grade math, will take place May 11th. A google form sign up will be sent to current 4th grade student parents if they are interested in taking the test.
Construction is in progress at Orchard Hills. There is no parking in the bus loop lot. The front entryway is fenced off and closed. Fourth graders will enter at the CARE room exterior door to the right of the main entrance. Visitors will be able to contact the office at the CARE door as well.
Virtual student material pick up will be available on Wednesdays only. You will need to ring at the CARE door entrance.. Please try to come between 9am and 3pm to avoid arrival and dismissal.
Kindergarten registration is open for the 2021-2022 school year. To start the enrollment process, visit https://www.novi.k12.mi.us/why-novi/enrollment.
May 3 & 4
Fourth Grade M-Step (Hybrid/In person students)
May 5 & 6
Fourth Grade M-Step (Virtual Students)
ELA: May 5, 8:45 - 11:15 a.m. at Orchard Hills
Math: May 6, 8:45 - 11:00 a.m. at Orchard Hills
Math placement test for current 4th graders
3:30 - 5:00 p.m. at Orchard Hills
Must be registered to attend
Orchard Hills PTO Updates
OH PTO is now on Amazon Smile
When you shop @AmazonSmile, Amazon will make a donation to Orchard Hills PTO! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/84-2973835
This is FREE money for our school! Whenever you check out at Amazon, make sure you are on their Smile.Amazon.com site and have your charity selection set to Orchard Hills PTO (Novi, MI) or use the link above.
If you use the Amazon app on your phone, turn on AmazonSmile on the app by opening the app and find 'Settings' in the main menu (three horizontal bars). Scroll down and tap on 'AmazonSmile' and follow the on-screen instructions. Be sure to search and select Orchard Hills PTO in Novi, MI.
New OH PTO Facebook Page
Welcome to our OH PTO group page! This year more than ever we need a way to stay connected. This page will be used for sharing events and information by the OH PTO, as well as a way for parents to connect, share and ask questions.
This private group page is for the Orchard Hills PTO, which supports Orchard Hills Elementary School in Novi, Michigan. The Orchard Hills PTO is a 501(c)(3) non-profit made up of parent and staff volunteers whose mission is to enhance and support the education, character growth and relationships of the students of Orchard Hills Elementary.
This page is run independently by the Orchard Hills PTO Board and NOT the Novi Community School District.
This page is used for the purpose of sharing events and information by the current OH PTO Board and as a way for parents to connect, share and ask questions.
Any questions or concerns can be emailed to OrchardHillsNews@gmail.com.
Parent/Pick Up Drop Off
The drop-off/ pick-up zone is the front, southeast side of the building (off of Quince Street). At Orchard Hills we have a parking lot parent drop off loop. Staff members are present to help guide this process. We use Apple Pick Up numbers to streamline the pick up process. Please fill out this form if you need an apple number.
- Pull forward all the way to the front sign indicating the start of the pick up/drop off loop. Stay single file and next to the curb. Do not block residential driveways when waiting in the line.
- Please be sure students exit and enter the passenger side of the vehicle. Please remain in your car. If your child cannot exit or enter on their own, please park and walk them up.
- Be ready, and have the kids ready to exit the vehicle with their backpacks, etc... Please give your hugs and kisses goodbye at home and save texts and phone calls until after drop-off or pick-up!
Technology Support Reminders
NCSD families needing technical support should start by contacting the Oakland Schools Service Desk in the following manners:
Ways to Enter Service Tickets
- Log in (school email and password) to the Service Desk system HERE (servicedesk.oakland.k12.mi.us) to create a service desk request. Select the area that best describes the help you need. Enter the information specified on the form. NOTE: The fields on the form vary, based on the type of request selected. Include attachments with information that may be helpful for the request. Click “Create”!
- Start a Chat Session by accessing the Service Desk Request page HERE. Once at the page, a link to start a chat will appear in the lower right corner of the screen during normal business hours of 7:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday - Friday.
- Email the Service Desk at email@example.com detailing the issue you are having. Please include what equipment you are using and any troubleshooting steps you may have already tried.
- Call the Service Desk at 248-209-2060 to speak to a representative
Virtual Students: If your child will be missing all or a portion of the virtual day due to appointments etc, please email your classroom teacher, and call the attendance line at 248-449-1401 or use the MiStar Parent Reported Absence feature.