We Are Family - November 22, 2021
This is a short week so just a few quick announcements:
- Tomorrow's lunch is turkey and gravy, rather than cheese pizza. The side dishes remain the same.
- Tuesday's dismissal is at 1:20 PM. EDM will be open until 6:00 PM as usual.
- Please be certain to send your children with appropriate outer wear for recess. We go outside every day for recess, weather permitting, even when it is cold.
- Our Advent food drive will start on Monday, November 29th. Please see below for needed items. The winning class will receive a class dress-down pass.
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
2022-2023 Calendar Dates
First Day of School: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Labor Day: September 5th
Fall Break: October 10th - 14th (2nd full week of October)*
Thanksgiving: November 23rd – 27th
Christmas Break: Friday, December 23 – Sunday, January 8th
Dr. King Holiday: Monday, January 16th
Presidents Day: February 20th
Spring Break: March 27th -31st
Easter Monday: April 10th
Last Day of School: Thursday, May 25, 2023
*Thank you to all who participated in the fall break survey. More families indicated a preference for the second week of October for fall break by a narrow margin. I have changed the date accordingly.
Celebrating a Special Spartan Thanksgiving
Kindergarten enjoyed their annual Feast celebration. They played games from colonial times and enjoyed a turkey dinner with cornbread and pie. They even made their own butter from cold cream!
November Food Drive - St. Anthony and Holy Trinity Food Drive
They have requested the following items this year:
- Toilet Paper
- Laundry Soap
- Dish Soap
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Canned Chicken
- Pancake Mix and Syrup
- Canned Pineapple
- Canned Fruit Cocktail
- Canned Mandarin Oranges
Vaccination Clinic - Hendricks County Health Department
Students may be referred to Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available at the end of the Monday Memo or in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Upcoming events include:
- Stay tuned....
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.