VTSD Tech News
A Note from the Tech Guy
In this new format of the Tech Update, we decided to do a spotlight to showcase neat ways teachers are using technology. We only picked out one spotlight but I have heard of many successes! Thank you all for a great start to the year and thank you for all of your hard work and preparation!
Google Tip of the Month
Our chromebook 1:1 is live! Great job, LH!
Please take care of our carts and laptops :(
In many computer labs and conference rooms we have tv's for displays!
Upcoming Tech Training
- Exploring Discovery Ed Science Techbook (Grades 2-4) - October 1, 4:00pm
- Study Island: Creating Activities & Collecting Data - October 2, 4:00pm
- ExploreLearning: Getting Started with Gizmos - October 7, 3:00pm
- MBC vs. Google Classrooms - October 8, 3:00pm
- Google Drive & Apps - October 8, Online 7:00pm
- Discovery Ed Science & Social Studies Techbooks 5-8 - October 9, 3:00pm
- Stop Bleeding Red Ink: Online Assessment Tools - October 9 & 16, 4:00pm
- Get Organized! Note-Taking Apps - October 14 & 21, 4:15pm
- Meeting Collaborative Writing Standards - October 23 & 30, 4:00pm
- Tools & Strategies to Flip your Classroom - October 28, 3:00pm
- Online Lesson Plans with Oncourse - October 29, 4:00pm
Make sure to sign up on MyLearningPlan.com
- K-4 laptops for classrooms! We have deployed about 50% of the laptops, the rest are coming soon!
- IEP Direct - almost 100% ready to use!
- Check the Staff Directory to make sure your contact info is right
- Managed Printers - we are adding more, fast network printers and reducing the number of small classroom printers
Tech Coach Schedules
Janet DeSenzo - Monday WR, Tuesday LH, Thursday RH, Friday float
Jackie Van Orden - Monday HS, Tuesday CM, Wednesday HS, Thursday GM, Friday float