Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights - 6/7/2021
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting virtually on June 7, 2021. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved, with the exception of items A.10, E.4.3, and E.4.4, which were all tabled. Agenda
- Dr. McGann's Superintendent's Report, linked here, included an update on referendum progress, linked here; an overview of the Vision for K-2 Computer Integration, linked here; an update from the HSMC STEM Ecosystem, linked here; and important COVID-19 information, linked here.
- An audio recording of the meeting is available on our web site here.
Board of Education Recognition
Congratulations to Our Retirees!
- Carol Hecky – Resource Center Teacher, Reading-Fleming Intermediate School
- Carol Howell – Principal, Francis A. Desmares School
- Susan McGovern – English as a Second Language Teacher, Francis A. Desmares School
- Suzanne Petto – Grade 4 Teacher, Copper Hill School
- Elizabeth Roll – Resource Center Teacher, J.P. Case Middle School
- James Shumate – Director of Educational Facilities & Operations, Central Office
- Susan Stess – Grade 6 Language Arts Teacher, Reading-Fleming Intermediate School
- Andrea Strawman – Resource Center Teacher, Barley Sheaf School
- Catherine Trecozzi – Cafeteria Aide, Barley Sheaf School
- Stephanie Voorhees – Business Administrator/Board Secretary, Central Office
Policy & Regulation Update
- P 9713 - Recruitment by Special Interest Groups (M)
An (M) denotes a state-mandated policy/regulation. All Board policies and regulations are available online here.
Next Meeting - June 21, 2021
- The Board will meet again on Monday, June 21, 2021.
- To view the 2021 Board Schedule, click here.
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity