November 3, 2017
This Week at a Glance
- Veteran's Day programming
- November PTA meeting
- Students against Hunger
- Mix It Up Day
- Food for Friends
CANDY DONATIONS FOR TROOPS!
Don't know what to do with all that leftover Halloween candy? We are holding our annual candy collection for the USO November 1 - November 9. The USO distributes candy to military service persons and their families during the holiday season. There will be boxes available in the school lobby for you to drop off your donations. Also, you are welcome to encourage your children to write letters/make cards or draw pictures to be given to the troops along with the candy donation. Thank you for your support!
November PTA Meeting
Students Against Hunger!
Penny Road is partnering with Urban Ministries of Wake County for this year’s “Students Against Hunger” food drive, November 14-17.
• The food drive will occur every day, Tuesday morning - Friday morning.
• Deliver your food to the front lobby, 8:45 am – 9:15 am.
• The class in each grade that brings in the most items will win “THE GOLDEN CAN” trophy and a classroom reward. They will also have their picture taken for the PRE Website and Yearbook!
• All donations are welcomed! However, only up to 25 items per day will be counted for the contest.
For more information and a list of most needed items, check out the flyer below!
Mix It Up Day
This year Mix it Up at Lunch will be on Wednesday, November 15 for all 1st-5th graders!!
For anyone new to PRE, this is a day we stand up to social bullying by having students sit with someone they do not know and have a "get to know you" conversation. Miss. Sarah, the school counselor, will be there for all lunch periods.
All students (K-5) and Staff should wear BLUE on this day, as a show of solidarity towards standing up to bullying and being a kind person.