Cortez Spy Report
From the desk of Mrs. Cortez ~Week of February 16, 2016~
Dana and Michael earned Falcon Feathers for Responsibility!
Important Lower Pottsgrove Upcoming Dates
Wednesday 2/17 ~ Friday 2/26 Reading Phillies Tickets are on Sale!
Tuesday 2/23 ~ Book Swap
Friday 2/26 ~ Second Trimester Due Date for 100 Book Club
Tuesday - *Read 30 minutes, *Practice facts, *SL 7.4, * Word Work
Wednesday - *Read 30 minutes, *Practice facts, *SL 7.5, *Word Work
Thursday - *Read 30 minutes, *Practice facts, *SL 7.6, *Word Work
Encore This Week
Wednesday - Day 3 - Health
Thursday - Day 4 - Art
Friday - Day 5 - Music
Winter Recess Guidelines
Spy Kid of the Week
W.I.P. (Work In Progress)
We LOVE math!!!!
- This week we continue in Unit 7 - Fractions & Their Uses, Chance & Probability.
- Keep memorizing those multiplication facts! The students now each have a set of ninja multiplication cards to practice with at home and at school.
Use the link above to support your child's success as a 4th Grade Mathematician!
*Copies of ALL Study Links
*Help with 4th Grade algorithms
*Vocabulary definitions and examples
*Games that can be played at home.
1. Select Learn About Everyday Mathematics at the bottom of the screen. You do not need to sign in.
2. Select Parent Resources from the menu on the left.
3. Select Grade 4.
4. Select the Unit that we are currently studying.
5. Scroll down. You will see Vocabulary, Study Link Help, and Games
Do you need help? Be sure to see Mrs. Cortez for a recess review session on a Monday or Friday!
Since only a few students still need to finish typing their narrative story, we will begin our persuasive writing unit. The students will start with an on - demand letter to their parents ... "I think that we should adopt a new pet!" Prepare to be persuaded.
Tomorrow we will have a hands on Static Electricity lesson and a comprehension check.