The Weekly Howl
St. Francis Catholic School - Friday, November 15th
Dear Parents and Friends of SFCS,
It was a cold week this week for us so we hope that we will be blessed with the sun and warmer temperatures next week. If temperatures stay cool please remember to provide your child(ren) a jacket for the playground. The PE uniform has also been slightly modified and you can check out an updated copy below.
This Sunday is our next School Family Mass at 9:00am. Please encourage your child to wear their mass uniform as we always have a good and impressive representation of our school at this mass. Mrs. Sweeney would like any 3rd grade student and up to come and join the choir as well. If your child would like to sing then please meet her at the choir area by 8:45am.
Next Wednesday (November 20th) there is a dinner for the 2020 Bishop’s Campaign. The dinner is in our gym and begins at 6:00pm. The dinner is free and is catered by Serg. If you are a parishioner of St. Francis and did not go to the last dinner then please accept this invitation to come and bring a spouse or guest. If you can come please email Mrs. Bocian at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Thank you for your support in representing St. Francis Catholic School.
Have a great weekend!
Sincerely in Christ,
Week of 11/17 - 11/23/19
Sunday, November 17th
- 9:00am: School Family Mass
Monday, November 18th
- Happy Birthday Pam Slawson!!!
- 7:45am - 3:00pm: 2nd Grade Field Trip to Charleston Aquarium
- 2pm, 3 - 4:30pm: 5th Grade Play Practice
- 3:15pm: Sr. & Jr. Girls Basketball Practice
- 4:30pm: Sr. & Jr. Boys Basketball Practice
Tuesday, November 19th
- 6:30am - 7:45am: Boys Sr. Basketball Practice
- SC DHEC - Flu Shot Clinic (Time TBD)
- Gym Closed for 2020 Diner
- 3:00pm: Bake Club Group B
- 3:00pm: Cheer Practice in Family Center
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm: Confirmation 2 & Youth Group
Wednesday, November 20th
- Gym Closed for 2020 Dinner
- 7:45 - 8:05am: Bank in School
- 10:00am: School Mass
- 1 - 2:30pm: Comfort Dog in Conference Room
- 6:00pm: Bishop's 2020 Campaign Dinner in Gym
- 6:00 - 8:00pm: Grade 6 & Confirmation 1 Youth Group
- 6:15 - 7:15pm: Communion 2 - Grade 5 Youth Group
Thursday, November 21st
- The Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Spirit Day for Rogue Rescue
- 3:15pm: Sr. Girls Basketball Practice
- 4:30pm: Sr. Boys Basketball Practice
Friday, November 22nd
- St. Cecilia
- 6:30am - 7:45am: Boys Sr. Basketball Practice
- 8:00am: JPIICS Principal, John McCarthy Meet & Greet in Library
- 2:00pm: 8th grade Beta Members to Bloom
- 3:15pm: Jr. Girls Basketball Practice
- 4:30pm: Jr. Boys Basketball Practice
Saturday, November 23rd
- Confirmation Retreat
11/25: 1:00pm, 2:00pm & 5:30pm - 5th Grade Musical
11/27 - 11/29: Thanksgiving Recess - School Closed
12/2 - 12/6: KOC SFCS Basketball Tip-Off Classic
12/4: 3:15pm - Faculty Meeting
12/4: 4:30pm - SAC Meeting
12/9: Thrift Shop Christmas Shopping
12/12: 8:00am - FSA Board Meeting
12/15: 9:00am - School Family Mass
12/18: 3:15 - 4:15pm: Faculty Meeting
12/19: 6:00pm - Advent Concert
12/20: FSA Breakfast with Santa
12/20: Regular Dismissal - Christmas Recess begins after school
1/6: School Open - 1st Day Back in 2020
1/6 - 1/24: MAP Winter testing window
Pre - Kindergarten
Discovery Lab - 4th Grade
The 4th grade have been studying electric circuits for the past two weeks. They studied the parts of a circuit and the function of each of the parts in a circuit. They had fun building series and parallel circuits and discovered the benefit of parallel circuits. A side lesson of this exploration was that when one light of the parallel circuit didn't work the remaining light was brighter. They added a switch to see how our lights are turned on and off with the flip of a switch. They also learned to troubleshoot their circuits when they didn't work and were able to repair them. Finally, they had a few extra moments and discovered that the batteries get hot and make great hand-warmers.
SC DHEC Flu Vaccine
SC DHEC has informed me that they will be at our school on Tuesday, November 19th to give the flu vaccine to those students who were signed up.
Our school will be the second school visited that day, so I would expect our students to be seen in the early afternoon.
Melissa Markey, RN, BSN
Uniform Policy - Updated PE Uniform
Did You Get Your Cookbook Yet?
Introducing the Women of St Francis and Friends cookbook. Developed from the Soup for Scholarships event, this cookbook features many of the delicious soups and breads offered there.
The cookbooks will be available for sale after Masses on the weekends of November 16/17 and again on December 7/8. At only $10, you’ll want to pick up one for yourself and several more for Christmas gifts. With each purchase you can also download a free e-book to your tablet or phone.
As with our Soup for Scholarship event, which will be held on February 18, 2020, the proceeds go to the Rev. Martin T. Laughlin Scholarship for our St. Francis Catholic School students.
For any questions, please call Mary Elizabeth Sullivan, at 843-715-0075.
Calling Any Student Volunteers!!!
Spirit Day - Thursday, November 21st
School Pictures Order Information
John Paul II Catholic School - Principal Meet and Greets
- Friday, November 22nd at 8:00am
- Tuesday, December 3rd at 2:00pm
Attention Parents!!! We need your Participation!!!
Reindeer Run Registration
Onward and Upward!
Welcome to Upward Basketball! As many of you know, Upward Basketball has been an exciting and inspiring program on Hilton Head for over 15 years. This unique basketball program provides an opportunity for boys and girls to develop their basketball fundamentals, have a lot of fun, and experience fellowship on the basketball court.
Our dedicated coaches work hard each season to build not only sound basketball skills but also to build sound character in each of our young athletes.
As always, our goal each year is to include as many children as possible. Therefore, we have extended our registration deadline to accommodate families who missed our November 8th deadline.
If your family or anyone you know would like to be a part of this amazing experience,
simply go to www.upward.org to register.
Select “Find A Place to Play” and enter the zip code 29928. The prompts are self-explanatory from there. Registration is open to both boys and girls from Pre-K to 8th grade.
We don’t want anyone to miss out on such a positive experience. Spread the word and please be sure to register your child ASAP!! Registration has been re-opened for a limited amount of time!
It’s so hard to believe that it is already the Upward time of year, but we are looking forward to another fun- filled and character-building season and hope you can be a part of it!
Thank you all so much for your continued support.
Bob and Amy Rosene
Mike and Jake Weaver and
The St. Andrew Community
- Friday, November 8th - Pottery Jam, WOSF Cookbook, Spirit Day, DC Trip Info, School Pictures, Advent, JPIICS Principal Meet & Greet, eProve Survey)
- Saturday, November 2nd - (Booster Club Info, Trunk and Treat Pictures, Bottle Cap Update, Parent Teacher Conference Sign up, Parent Resources, Parent Survey, Candy Bounce Back, Pure Barre Info, Belk Charity Sale, Parish Info)
- Saturday, October 26th - (Halloween Parade info, Parent Teacher Conference Info, State Champs, Spirit Day, Pizza with Principal, Box of Joy, Focus Group, FSA Info, Parish Info, Pub Night)
- Friday, October 18th - (Virtual Day Info, Stewardship Info, Congratulations Wolves, DOCYVT Info, Learning Center, Focus Groups, Pure Barre, Parish Info, JPIICS Pub Night)