May 9, 2016
I hope you had a great Mother's Day weekend! I know I enjoyed spending time with my family this weekend and celebrating the women who have had influence on my life. It was a great way to end a week of celebration.
Last week was a great time to celebrate the wonderful people who help our students to learn and grow on a daily basis. Your work certainly does not go unnoticed or unappreciated. As you could see from the many thank you notes from students, you are powerful force in their lives and you help them not only to learn but to navigate successfully through many daily obstacles. Thank you for all that you do!!!
Enjoy the rest of the week!
- Happy Mother's Day!
- Congratulations to Shannon Atkinson for making the MJEA All-State Journalism Team.
- Congratulations to KOE on a wonderful picnic. it was great to be outside with all of the kids!
- Congratulations on a fantastic Ring Breakfast and Graduation Practice. This happens with a lot of people working together. Thank you!
This is the link for the General Building Inventory.
Preliminary EOC continue to come in. Thank you for all of your work in helping students to prepare.
As we get closer to the end of the year, please make sure you keep students in the classroom until after the bell rings and that students are not traveling in the hallway without a pass. During finals, students should only be allowed to leave if it is an emergency and an escort has arrived to take them.
Final Exam Schedule
5/17-1, 2, 7
Specific times will be coming
AP tests will take place from May 2, 2016 to May 20, 2016. Stephanie Johnson has sent out information regarding testing via email.
DATES FOR THE FUTURE
- AP Testing May 2-May 20
- May 2nd-Howell of Fame Cermony
- May 3rd-Graduation Practice, Senior Panoramic, Senior Breakfast, and Sophomore Ring
- May 4th-Faculty Meeting
- May 6-Exemption Forms due
- May 11-Senior Awards
- May 16-Locker Clean Out
- May 17-Final Exams-1,2 and 7
- May18-Final Exams-HR, 3,and 4
- May 19-Final Exams-HR,5 and 6
- May20th last day for teachers (unless you logged 3.5 hours earlier and checked out on the 19th)
- June 4th-Graduation @10;00
- July 28 and July 29 schedule pick up
- August 1--1/2 meeting and 1/2 workday
- August 2--Building PD
- August 3-Meeting Day
- August 4--Transition Day
- August 5--1/2 PD
- August 8--1/2 workday
- August 9--First day of school