The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of December 17, 2018
How will you think like a scientist to understand the world around you?
Lesson Plans DUE
Monday, Dec. 17th, 8am
- To the Gr2 Team: My Chat & Chew block is during your lunch block this week! If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives or share questions, let me know!
- Our 5-minute Morning Mindfulness sessions take place daily! All are invited...the fun starts at 7:45 in the Media Center!
Vertical Articulation Meeting
Monday, Dec. 17th, 3-4pm
- This meeting will be for the FUNdations & Eureka PLT's for each grade level.
Basic Skills Parent Night
Wednesday, Dec. 19th, 5:30-7pm
- Dinner (5:30-6:00)
- Workshop: What is all the SEL stuff, anyway??? (7:00-8:00)
1:00 PM Dismissal - Winter Break
Friday, Dec. 28th, 1pm
- Winter Break (12/24-1/1)
- School Opens (1/2)
The Principal's POV on...Our Schoolwide BIG Question!
To support this initiative, I've made it a personal goal to read a book each trimester that is aligned to our schoolwide BIG question. This trimester I chose a fun text titled Strange Stars by Jason Heller. In it, Heller explores the connections between pop culture, the space race and science fiction. If you would like to see what I LEARNED ABOUT THE WORLD from "David Bowie, pop music and the decade that sci-fi exploded" click here to visit my blog! Thank you for a fantastic week & have a great weekend!
News & Notes
Winter Benchmarks: Don't forget to check our events calendar (below) for all our winter benchmark due dates. This will include DIBELS, F&P & our Gr3 Comprehension Assessments. DIBELS SGO's will be closed out in February.
Gr3 Choir: After-school Choir rehearsals will resume in late January. All choir students will go home at our regular dismissal time. We will let you know when rehearsals will resume.
The Gr3 Choir having a blast performing for Glassboro's senior citizen community on Sunday!
Words to Inspire...
Five lucky raffle winners went home with free books this week!
Words to Inspire...
Shout-outs from the Staff...BOOM!
- Budney & Twinnie…Thank you so much for being my sisters. Words can’t even begin to express how much the two of you mean to me & how much your persistence paid off. Thank you for your shoulders. Love you both so much!
- Thanks to all the staff for your flexibility while we did heights and weights in the nurse’s office this week. It is big help
- I want to thank Tag for always saying good morning and making sure I’m included in things ~Andi
- A big shout out to Mrs. Raynor and her volunteer elves for making the book fair so wonderful! Tag
- As always, thanks for hearing and LISTENING! Tag
Nicole, thank you for my set of wings.
Burt = Best Bus Duty Buddy
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 12/24: Winter Break (12/24-1/1)
- 01/02: Winter Pep Rally & Bulldog Buddy Roleplays
- 01/04: Star Student Luncheon
- 01/07: Bulldog Buddy Week
- 01/11: CAST Meetings & DIBELS/Comp Data DUE
- 01/14: PK-6 Bulldog Buddies/SEL Meeting (Bowe)
- 01/21: School Closed (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- 01/25: CAST Meetings
- 01/28: F&P Window OPENS & Gr1 Team Meeting
- 01/29: Gr2 Team Meeting
- 01/30: Gr3 Team Meeting
- 01/31: Special Areas Team Meeting
- 02/01: Star Student Luncheon