Special dates to remember!
- Report cards go home on Feb. 18th. Please return the next day.
- Book orders are due Feb. 22nd. you can place an order online or turn the paper flyer into me.
- March 14th is our Open House and music program. it will begin promptly at 6:30.
Math skills for the week:
- Core subtraction fluency review
- Word problems/Math journal
- 10 more/10 less
- Comparing numbers
- Quick tens and ones
State Standards (1.NBT.A.1, 1.NBT.B.2, 1.NBT.C.4, 1.OA.A.1)
Reading skills for the week:
Phonics/Letter Sounds: Letter sounds er and ear: long /e/ spelled ey. We will also use a variety of story maps.
Sight Words: because, light, right, those, walked, you, school
Robust Vocabulary: incident, gradual, downpour, seek, oblivious, indecisive
Story Town: "We're Going on a Picnic", "Mike and Spike Hike", and "Beaks Eat"
Spelling Words: earth, heard, learn, under, better, her, money, honey, later
State Standards: (RL.1.6, RL.1.10, RI.1.1, RI.1.4, W.1.7, W.1.8, SL.1.1)
My friends are getting really good at counting collections! This activity will help us with place value!
Math games provide practice and are a fun way to build number sense!
My friends had fun asking classmates questions! They then took the information and made a graph.