Spring Mills Shark Nation Notes
October 20, 2023
Important Upcoming Dates
October 25th-26th: 5th grade camp
October 31st - Halloween
November 3rd: 1/2 day for students - Teacher records day
November 7th: No school for students - Professional Learning Day for Staff
November 9th & 14th: Parent Teacher Conferences
October has been a fun and busy month so far. This week, we had record sales at our book fair. Thank you so much to Mrs. Brantingham for organizing and running the fair and also to all of our volunteers that came in to make the book fair a huge success! We appreciate you!
This week is also School Safety week. Teachers and students spent some time this week talking about all of our plans to stay safe while at school. While this is something we always discuss with our students, this week we were able to spend some time talking through all of our drills as well. For more detailed information about school safety, please visit our HVS website at the link provided below:
There is some terrific information located on the website. I've also included one of the handouts in the section below for your convenience.
We have made some changes to our fall parade on Halloween. Please look for a letter that will be sent out on Monday for more information.
Take care and have a great weekend!
Sarah Bentley, SM Principal
Spring Mills Pledge
Sick or Injured Children at School
Students should stay home if they have had any of the following symptoms: • fever of 100 or higher in the past 24 hours • undiagnosed rash that is accompanied by fever or itching • bad cough or difficulty breathing • vomiting or diarrhea within the past 24 hours • sore throat, with fever or swollen glands in the neck • symptoms of being sick such as being unusually tired, fussy, pale or had difficulty waking. If your child has strep throat or another bacterial infection, he/she should stay home until the antibiotic has been given for at least 24 hours and your health care provider has given permission for your child to return to school. We encourage you to seek medical attention when your child is sick and to follow your health care provider's recommendations about returning to school and other social activities.
Circle Drive Reminders - Please share with other family members who may pick up your student.
Thank you to everyone following the guidelines making the circle drive a smoother experience for your community! Please see reminder below and share these rules with other family members who may pick up your student at times.
Arrival/Dismissal - updated information
- Our building doors open at 9:10 am. Please do not drop off early, as there isn't adult supervision outside of the building. You may only use the front loop for drop off
- Upper El Centrum doors close at 9:15am If your child arrives later than this, please use the front doors of the building.
- Safety first! Drivers will need to remain in their lane until all students have been unloaded; you are not allowed to pass other cars if your children unloaded first.
- Also for safety reasons, drivers and other adults must remain in the car during pick up and drop-off. If your child requires help getting in or out of their vehicle please park in the parking lot and walk to the doors to get your child/pick your child up.
- Always have your green name sign clipped to your passenger visor during afternoon pick up - this keeps things moving quickly for the entire Spring Mills community. Please let your child's teacher or the office know if you did not receive a sign and we will send them home with your child.
- When possible, please move your child's seat to the passenger side of the vehicle. Children should not be exiting out into traffic, but rather on the curb side.
- The school day ends at 4:08 pm. Please do not arrive before 4pm. DO NOT EXIT your vehicle from the circle to meet students.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
Free Breakfast and Lunch!
October Lunch Menu
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!
Spring Mills Elementary
Together We Can, Together We Will!
Location: 3150 Harvey Lake Road, Highland Charter Township, MI, USA