Miller Monday Memo
Madeline & Sarah
You do such a great job with Stucco. I definitely think the Valagrams were successful. You warm everyone's hearts!
I just love the way you guys work as a team keeping those little guys on their toes with learning and make it very fun for them. You guys always encourage them by letting them know they can do it just let those little brains work. The atmosphere is GREAT! Keep up the Great work!!!
Thank you for organizing our K/5 kickball tournament! We had so much fun and our kindergarteners are learning to play (sort of...) a fun new game. Your coaching skills are awesome and you ROCK!
Madeline & Sarah
Week at a Glance
Staff Professional Development Day (Hours are 7:30 - 3:30 or 8:00 - 4:00)
8:30 - 10:00 Project Based Learning (library)
10:30 - 4:00 TELPAS testing (Matt's room)
lunch is on your own
R-time (red shirts with jeans) or Miller Warm Ups
CMIT notes go home
Citizenship flyers to be passed out by Jen during the day
1st Grade Field Trip
Chick-fil-a Spirit Night - Office & Specials to attend
Digital Learning Day (please see ideas below)
Class Picture Day
Group/Club Picture Day
Individual Spring Picture Day
Miller Spirit Wear with jeans
Citizenship Breakfast & Assembly
Digital Learning Day
Digital Learning Day: Wednesday, February 17, 2016
All across the country, schools are undergoing a transformation in teaching and learning with the help of digital technology. As educators re-imagine school in new and different ways, Digital Learning Day provides an opportunity to collaborate with peers, share ideas, try new digital tools, and celebrate education innovation. Most importantly, it encourages everyone to play a role in the transformation of their own schools and communities.
Here are a few ideas to get you and your students on board for Digital Learning Day!
- Use Dotstorming to support student voice for real time group brainstorming and decision making.
- Use one of these formative assessment tools with your students: GoSoapBox, KaHoot,Quizizz, Quizalize, or Formative.
- Try backchanneling with students using tech tools like 81Dash, Today's Meet, or Twitter.
- Have students summarize what they are learning through images/video using Vine,Instagram video, Periscope, or SnapChat Stories.
- Use Padlet as a KWL Chart, CDC Writing, to showcase student digital work, as a platform for collaborative research, or as a blogging platform.
- Create an AnswerGarden to your lesson essential question.
- Let students use ThingLink to create interactive projects.
- Encourage students to add augmented reality to a project/assignment using Aurasma.
Whatever you decide to do to participate in Digital Learning Day please be sure to take pictures/video and post to social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) using the hashtags #DLDay & #mcslearn.
Gym Duty (7:00 – 7:35) Lisa Coody, Cindy, Cheryl
Gym Duty (7:15 – 7:35) Beth
Bus/Gym/Art Room (7:10 – 7:40) Jenny M
Breakfast (7:15 – 7:45) Jill, Debbie
Crosswalk (7:25 – 7:45) Ha
Front Hall (7:30 – 7:45) Sherry
Sidewalk (7:25 – 7:45) Brittany
Announcements (7:35 – 7:50) Lisa Smith, Lisa Coody
HW Club (2:45 – 3:30) Barb, Terry, Steph, Lisa Schmidt
Crosswalk (2:45 – 3:00) BSC
Walkie (2:45 – 3:00) BSC