Weeks of November 21st and November 28th, 2022
Brrrrr...........It is COAT Season- Please wear a coat!!! Outside Recess if 20 degrees or Above
This Week at Bates
We are grateful for all the parent support shown at Parent Teacher Conferences. Together we can help support our students so everyone can meet their goals! It was great to see so many new families and familiar families.
We were thrilled to celebrate our fall fundraiser participants with an ice cream social! With your support, our PTO was able to raise over $15,000 to go towards all of our extra-curricular planning!
We hope that you have a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend with family and friends. We return Monday, November 28th.
Reminder: students buying or receiving Free breakfast should enter the building and go immediately to the same line where they get lunch. Breakfast is available every day.
Message from Supt. Mark Greathead
EMU Theater for the Young
Family Night Opportunity
Outdoor Recess Policy
Application for Free and Reduced Lunch
Free breakfast/lunch WILL NOT be provided for all students this school year. In order to qualify for Free/Reduced meals, you must fill out an application to apply for approval.
Even if you submitted an application for meals last school year, you still need to complete and submit a form for the 2022-23 school year.
Drop off of Student Items
Early Pick Up
1:1 Technology District
The WBSD is a 1:1 technology district. To learn about our district technology and student's responsibilities with that technology please go to the following link.https://www.mywbsd.org/Page/662
Full Day - 8:45am to 3:30pm
Half Day - 8:45am to 11:45am
11:45am dismissal on all half days
Student Drop Off:
- Begins at 8:30am. No early drop offs will be permitted.
- Parents are encouraged to "kiss and go" along the sidewalk lane of the drop off.
- Parents wishing to escort their child to the building must park in a legal parking space and walk their child to the main entrance.
- All students will enter the building and be guided to their morning line up locations inside the building. These locations will be monitored by building staff and Safety Squad.
- Students getting breakfast will go directly to the cafeteria, get their breakfast and eat in the cafe prior to joining their classroom line up.
- Student drop offs along the sidewalk at the front of the building only.
Student Pick Up:
- Begins at 3:30pm
- Students in Young Fives and Kindergarten: parents will pick up their child from the classroom teacher at the Kindergarten Door (next to the Bates Garden).
- Students in 1st and 2nd Grade: parents will pick up their child from the classroom teacher at the main entrance.
- Students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade: students will be walked to their designated exit by a teacher and go directly to their parent's vehicle waiting in the pick up lane.
Parking Lot Safety Rules
Must park in a legal parking space.
No drop off in handicapped parking spaces
Adults must accompany children to go to a vehicle parked in the parking lot.
Never wave or call your child across to your vehicle.
Slow speed in the parking lot.
Smoking is not permitted on any WB property.
Packed Lunch Update
We kindly request that no fast food or DoorDash lunches be dropped off for students as it creates disruption.
Please use link below to see full menu.
Parking Lot Procedures
In the morning as you drop off your student, the drop-off lane is open. The drop off lane is the first lane directly next to the school. This is our KISS & GO ZONE. Please pull up next to the sidewalk to let your student out of your vehicle from the passenger side ONLY. Please do not drop off your students in the second lane of traffic. If your student needs assistance exiting the car, you must park your car and walk your student to the front of the school to ensure a safe crossing from the parking lot. Students should not be permitted to walk past parked or moving cars unescorted.
At dismissal, students in grades K-2 will be walked to the main entrance by their teacher. An adult should park in a designated parking space and meet the child at the door and walk them to the parking lot. Students in grades 3-5 will be allowed to exit the building where they will wait at the front of the building, and walk along the sidewalk to your car entering on the passenger side only. No students will be allowed to leave the sidewalk unescorted or go around the back/side of the building to vehicles. Do not call your student to your car if you are parked in the main lot. Parking is NOT PERMITTED in the Bus Loop or along Gudith Rd. south of the parking lot exit.