November 21, 2019
Here is What Happened this Week!
- Kindness Club met on Monday to put together Shoeboxes and send them off.
- We had the 6th Grade Class Photo and picture retakes yesterday. Please note that all students will be receiving a class picture after picture retake day. See note in previous Warwick Weekly.
- We had a PTO General Meeting yesterday evening. Topics were: PTO Budget; Book Fair; Veterans Day, Box Tops; K.I.S.S. Glow Party; Teacher Luncheon on Dec 12; Secret Shop; Halloween Howl; MOD Pizza & Kalahari Family Fun Events; Math in Focus; Dates for 6th Grade Closing Ceremony & Breakfast, Tug of War, and Warwick Day; 100 Year Celebration; APEX feedback; Superintendent Parent Council Report; and High School Start Times. The highlight of the evening was a presentation by 6th Grader, Hailey W-M on her service project, Fueling CB. The next PTO meeting is January 15, 2020 at 7 PM.
- We wrapped up our Celebration of Education. Thank you to all of the parents and guardians who came to Warwick to help us celebrate learning and growing!
What's Happening Next?
- Our giving program continues. Please send in hats, mittens, and scarves to be placed on our giving trees in the Atrium.
- Tomorrow, Sewing Club meets at 7:30 AM, and there is an Orchestra Rehearsal at 8 AM.
- On Monday, November 25, we have a Band Rehearsal at 8:15 AM.
- There is no school for students on Wednesday, November 27 through Friday, November 29. We wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving Break!
- We return to school on Monday, December 2.
- Our Turkey Toss is from December 2 - December 6.
- There is a Band Rehearsal on Monday, December 2 at 8:15 AM
- Kindness Club meets on Monday, December 2 after school until 5 PM.
- Wednesday, December 4 is the last day of the 1st Trimester.
- We have early dismissal on Wednesday, December 4. We dismiss at 12:25 PM.
- We will celebrate Warwick's 100 Years on Thursday, December 5 with a commemorative assembly.
Click here to see more events planned for Warwick during this school year.
November Reading Connections
Kindergarten registration begins on November 19! Families of new students who are eligible to enroll in kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year are invited to begin the registration process. Get the details on eligibility, what documents to gather, and how to navigate the online registration process at www.cbsd.org/registration. We look forward to welcoming the class of 2032!
Casual for a Cause
This month, our Casual for a Cause efforts will be in support of 2nd Chance 4 Life, a charity chosen by Mrs. Lynn Hartzell. Mrs. Hartzell used this rescue program when her family wanted to adopt a dog. She shared: “The mission of 2nd Chance 4 Life Rescue is to provide homeless and abandoned dogs with a second chance and a brighter future, even if they are seniors and/or have medical conditions."
Dr. Kopicki's Community Connections
Monday, Dec. 16th, 6pm
Warwick Elementary School, Jamison, PA, USA
'Tis the Season to Give...
Aramark is offering a Thanksgiving day meal at all Elementary Schools on Tuesday, November 19th. The meal consists of Turkey and Gravy, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Cornbread and a Pumpkin Parfait. For every Thanksgiving meal sold to students and faculty on this day, Aramark will be donating 10 cents worth of groceries to the Doylestown Food Pantry.
Blood Drive in Memory of Alison Greenberg
Friday, Feb. 14th 2020 at 1-6pm
Warwick Elementary School, Jamison, PA, USA
Thank you to everyone who checked out our last Weekly. Here is a look at how many that was from our Analytics...
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Use this link to update your student's emergency information, check attendance, see immunizations, and more.
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Stay tuned for NEW information on how to "clip" Box Tops without using scissors at all!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.