Challenging MAT Learners to excel
A project workshop for teachers of more able learners
Identify and challenge your More Able Learners to excel
Create a robust MAT pupil identification process based on evidence backed practice. Build understanding of the attributes and opportunities of MAT learners within school, with parents and the wider community. Create a innovative independent learning project for your MAT learners that will provide a starting point for independent learning for your whole school.
Join us for our tried and tested MAT Project Workshop which takes you step by step through identifying and addressing the needs of your more able learners. Return to school with resources and actions that will ensure more able learners are fully engaged and challenged by all your staff.
- Practical strategies for Literacy and Numeracy that enable pupils to make measurable progress.
- A mastery approach to teaching Literacy and Numeracy across all Areas of Learning and Experience.
- Tried and tested strategies to enable teachers to identify skills required by each Area of Learning and Experience in line with Successful Futures and the 4 purposes of the new Curriculum for Wales.
- A Donaldson Ready approach to teaching the enabling skills for Literacy and Numeracy as well as those which provide pupils with greater challenge.
Overview of the Programme
- 9:00 - 9:30am - Registration & coffee
- 9:30 - 11:00am - Session 1 - MAT Identification & attributes of MAT Learners
- 11:00 - 11:20 am - Break
- 11:20 - 1:00pm - Session 2 - Designing a MAT Project
- 1:00 - 1:45pm - Lunch (provided)
- 1:45 - 3pm - Session 3 - Collaborative planning
What people say about our Workshops
" A truly excellent day - I have never seen our staff so enthused and keen to take on new ideas. Thank you!" - Helen Horgan - LNF Lead St Joseph's Cathedral Primary School, Swansea
"So much useful and practical information. Clear focus on practicalities and not theory was so refreshing. Excellent advice!" - Anna Parfitt - Assistant Headteacher, Cwmcarn High School
Challenging MAT Learners to Excel
Thursday, Nov. 23rd, 9:30am-3pm
WJEC Treforest, Pontypridd, United Kingdom
£245 per delegate - discounts available for multiple bookings
To reserve your place RSVP & we will email your booking form to you
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Impact School Improvement Ltd
Can you trust us? - We have both worked for Welsh Government supporting schools & senior leaders across Wales. We have held senior leadership posts, delivered support to strategic education advisers, and published curriculum support guidance with Oxford University Publishing...but if you need to know more visit our website for testimonials from schools we've worked with.
Why should you attend our workshop? - Put simply, because we believe in impact. We do exactly what our name suggests. Our workshop keeps things simple and ensures school actions really work. Our focus is always on delivering measurable impact for pupils.