Carter G. Woodson Preparatory Academy
Why do Schools Need PTA?
PTA can HELP to:
- Increase family engagement and volunteerism
- Implement programs to engage families in student success or school improvements
- Qualify for grants and awards to support your school
- Communicate with families more effectively
- Partner with other community organizations
- Enhance fundraising efforts
- Realize measurable results in student achievement
Need for Leadership Roles
Please contact Susan at email@example.com.
President - Responsible for leading PTA toward specific goals chosen by its members. Creates agendas for and is presiding officer at Board and Membership Meetings. Develops relationship with school administration to work together (yet independently from) on shared goals and objectives.
Vice President - VP positions could be one of the following positions - membership, programs, fundraising, engagement, etc. VP positions are generally determined by the board and needs of the school.
Treasurer - Is the authorized custodian of all funds of the PTA. Duties include keeping financial records and preparing reports to comply with State PTA policies as well as local, state and Federal laws.
Secretary - Keeps clear and accurate meeting minutes of all PTA Board meetings and general membership meetings. Maintains and keeps records of all minutes, correspondence, etc.
We strongly encourage every family member and staff member to engage with the CGWP PTA by becoming an active member. We need and desire your partnership. The cost of membership is $5. Please follow this LINK TO JOIN.
These are exciting times at CGWP and we can't wait to have a robust and responsive PTA supporting every scholar in the very near future.