Canada's Economic System
with the regions of the world
Canada's foreign aid
- foreign aid is transferring money from more wealthy countries, to less fortunate countries.
- These reasons include, food aid, funding of projects, production of goods needed by the region, providing aid, emergencies, partnerships, and influence on the regions politics.
- The federal government announced that they would be giving money to the countries that meet Canada's values.
North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- In 1994, NAFTA created one of the worlds largest FREE trade zones.
- Free trade is a agreement that allows the trading of things needed in different countries without taxes.
- the goal of NAFTA was to allow the U.S.A and Canada to buy or trade things from Mexico.
- fair trade products are foods, or crafts.
- fair trade ensures that more skilled people such as artisans and farmers will have a better chance of getting a better deal.
- fair trade is designed to end poverty.
- fair trade helps producers improve their money conditions and systems.
Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- APEC was put together in 1989 with 21 countries.
- APEC'S decisions are involved by all government parties.
- A part of APEC is to share goods.
- Maquiladoras is a operation in the free trade zone of Mexico.
- there is around 3000 Maquildoras in Mexico.
- 90%of the goods made in Maquildoras are given to United States
Pros and Cons
- pro- a richer money leads to a better standard of living in Canada.
- con- the United States is a major threat because of its money super power.
- Canada imports more than $169 billion products each year and exports $181 products each year.
- Canada imports- steel products, raw sugar, beef, clothing and coffee (there is more)
- Canada exports- wheat, livestock, bottled watter, electricity. (there is more)
Coin - SOUND EFFECT - Money Münzen Geld - SOUND