Ms. Hannah's Class
Morning Class: 8:30-11:10 Afternoon Class:11:45-2:45
No AFTERNOON preschool Monday, Sept. 14.
We will continue to talk about feelings. We will talk about the ways our faces look when we feel different things. We will make "My Many Faces"- a series of faces to describe what our faces look like when we are happy, sad, mad, and worried. We will also talk about "What makes me smile" and make "Happy Cards". At the end of the week we will journal about which problem solving strategy each child will use when they have a problem. We will read the social story "Tucker Turtle". A turtle that teaches the children strategies to use when angry!
We will read:
- Mouse was Mad by Linda Urban
- On Monday When It Rained by Cherryl Kachenmeister
- Big Al by Andrew Clements
- Tucker Turtle
- "I have a Little Problem" Said The Bear by Heinz Janisen
We will continue to use the 10 strategies from the Problem Solving Kit: Ignore, Play Together, Get a Timer, Wait and Take Turns, Say, "Please Stop", Ask Nicely, Share, Get a Teacher, Trade, Say, "Please". Teachers will encourage the children to look through and use these strategies when they have a social problem with another child.
Speech-Language Group- September 14-18, 2015
We will make a choice of which container (basket, box, or can) we want to place our picture into by making a request using a 3 word utterance (ex. I want_____.) We will continue to recall the words and sequence of actions to the "Friends Song". We will practice saying words that start with the /b/ sound using correct lip placement.
Letters of the Week
- Big Line
- Little Line
- Big Curve
- Little Curve
We will learn the L tongue twister: Lenny Lion likes looking at little lizards climbing ladders.
and the F tongue twister: Freddy Frog fried five fresh fish for his friend, a fluffy fox.
A note from Kristy Feden...
Hello! I hope that you and your child have enjoyed these first couple weeks of preschool! We are all settling in to classroom routines, and it has been very fun to see the kids adapt to new preschool friends and new preschool experiences! I just have a couple reminders for you as we continue to get to know kids and families:
· We use the Creative Curriculum system for preschool. We are currently in the “Beginning of the Year” study, but you will start to see your child move into other exciting inquiry-based studies within the next couple of weeks! We are also completing baseline assessment on each child, and will use this information to help plan learning activities to challenge all of our preschoolers. Our goal is to build your child’s skills and abilities…we are excited to partner with you this year as we engage in this process! We will have a sneak peek of our social-emotional framework for families on Thursday, September 24th. You will be invited to join your child during the last 30 minutes of their preschool day so that you can learn about our social expectations and reinforce those skills at home.
· Thank you for signing your child in/out every day. We participate in the CACFP snack program this year in an effort to minimize the cost of preschool for our families. Because this is a Federal program, there are some requirements…accurate attendance records would be one of those requirements! This program allows us to provide snack at no additional cost to families. We realize this is a new process and can slow things down a bit, but we appreciate your help. Signing kids in/out also provides an extra layer of precaution and safety to those busy transition times before and after preschool.
· Thank you for being mindful of preschool starting and ending times. We do not have staff available to supervise children before/after preschool, and you help us maintain safety by staying with your child until the start of the preschool day and promptly picking your child up at the end of the day. As a reminder, morning preschool runs from 8:30 a.m. to 11:10 a.m. and afternoon preschool runs from 11:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
· Tuition will be due starting on September 15th. I am in the process of entering all of the automatic payment information into our Tuition Express system. If you have not turned in your yellow Tuition Express form, you need to get that turned in prior to 9/15/15 or you risk a late payment. Once that information is entered, I will send out your unique ID so that you can access the system and print off statements for tax purposes. Just a reminder, ALL tuition questions need to be directed to me. Your child’s teacher does not manage the financial information for your family.
· I visit classrooms during the week, so I sure hope to see you all at some point! Please don’t hesitate to call or e-mail me if you have questions or would like to meet with me. It is a pleasure to work with your child, and it is a job that all of us take very seriously. Thank you for trusting us to care for your child during their preschool day!
Supervisor of Early Childhood
SAVE THE DATE
Papillion La Vista Community Schools is seeking talented individuals ready for a rewarding career as a paraprofessional working with students with special needs. A variety of positions and hours are available with most ranging from three to six hours per day. Opportunities exist at both the elementary and secondary levels and pay $11.84 per hour. Our paras work the same calendar days as students are in school. If joining a team of caring and dedicated staff members committed to serving the needs of students with special needs appeals to you, please use the link below to apply today!