Parent Peek at the Week
Week of February 1st, 2021
In case you missed it.....
With the cold weather, we are focusing on all things winter! Mrs. Beaton's Grade 2/3's created these beautiful Ted Harrison inspired works of the northern lights.
It may be super cold outside, but it's amazing that the students don't seem to feel it as much as the adults do :) Cold + snow = fun on the yard!
And continuing our theme....Ms. Richardson and Mrs. Charmley's students took time to paint about the fun things they've been doing in the snow.
Monday, February 1st - Day 0
- PA Day - students stay home while staff are working on report card writing
Tuesday, February 2nd - Day 3
- middle block: Outdoor Ed Centre coming to KH for Ross' class
- last block: Outdoor Ed Centre coming to KH for Baker's class
Wednesday, February 3rd - Day 4
Thursday, February 4th - Day 5
Friday, February 5th - Day 1
- Fantastic Dance Party Friday
- Cougar Courage Certificates
- middle block: Outdoor Ed Centre coming to KH for Landry's class
- last block: Outdoor Ed Centre coming to KH for Howson's class
Enhanced Safety Protocols
This year has been challenging on so many fronts, but we are constantly amazed by the resilience and positivity of our students and families. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do, to ensure we are all as safe as we can be while at Kawartha Heights.
If your child would like to bring in Valentines cards, we are STRONGLY encouraging students to bring them in BY TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9th. This gives 3 days to quarantine, before we pass them out on Friday, February 12th.
A reminder that due to our COVID protocols, we are unable to share any food at this time. We recognize that this is one of those holidays when we often want to share food - but this year will be a little different. Your child's teacher will send further information about what exactly will be happening in each class.
- Junior Kindergarten – your child is four years of age by December 31, 2021
- Senior Kindergarten – your child is five years of age by December 31, 2021
The registration process has begun, and it's very important for our staffing that we know as soon as possible the numbers of students we can expect. This then helps to determine our staffing. If you have a child who will be 4 or 5 by December 31st, 2021, please go to the following link to register:
You will find lots of great information about Kindergarten at this KPR site. In addition, we have links to some Kawartha Heights Kindergarten resources (as well as lots of other great school info - just click on any image!) on our virtual school office. This can be found on our school website or at: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQIoJmz_mjqbpLADfMAkc-nG_LjQxA6Z3Mpbh6oJFoIe3lUem7qf_eKNt-w7caKDsI4mqC3Y7vAf3_3/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000
If we can help in any way, please give Mrs. E. or Mrs. Sampson a call at the school at 705-742-7521.
Other important tidbits of information.....
2. Nut Safe School: Just a little reminder that peanuts and other nut-based items cannot be included in snacks or lunches. We have several students with severe allergies - and we appreciate your support in keeping them safe!
3. Snow days: A reminder that if all school buses to a school are cancelled, the school will be CLOSED to students for the day. Check www.stsco.ca for cancellation information. Learning will then happen online, in the class Google Classroom. The good news is - all students know how to do this now!