Family Mustang Memo
MGMS Parent/Guardian Newsletter April 1-15
In This Issue....
- Upcoming Dates..........Updated
- School Spirit Week April 6-9......New
- PACT Information...........Updated
- Day 1 Day 2 Schedule...New
- MCA Testing Dates - For In Person Students & DLA Students
- Dropping Off/Picking Up Map & Information
- Report Cards for Trimester 2.....New
- Distance Learning Academy Material Pickup
- School Supplies - Order Online...New
- Who to Contact
April 1 & 2 - Spring Break
April 5 - No School - Teachers prepare for in person learning
April 6 - Return of all students to school
April 19 - PACT Meeting 6:30-8
April 26 - No School - Licensed Staff Workshop
April 28 - MCA Math Test (for in person students)
April 29 - MCA Reading Test (for in person students)
School Spirit Week is April 6-9
The next meeting will be on April 19. The meeting is from 6:30-8:00 PM. Below is the link for the meeting: www.zoom.us. Meeting ID: 952 929 0098
- PACT is seeking co-chairs and volunteers to help plan 2020-21's 8th grade class party. Kick off meeting will be in April. Email: email@example.com to be included in the communication for the first planning meeting.
- PACT is seeking out new board members (President, Vice-President) for the 2021-22 school year. Please contact Ron Sonnek to learn more about this opportunity in growing our PACT community.
Day 1 & Day 2 Schedule
Monday, April 5 - No School for Students
Tuesday, April 6 - Day 1
Wednesday, April 7 - Day 2
Thursday, April 8 - Day 1
Friday, April 9 - Day 2
Monday, April 12 - Day 1
Tuesday, April 13 - Day 2
Wednesday, April 14 - Day 1
Thursday, April 15 - Day 2
Friday, April 16 - Day 1
MCA Testing Days For In Person Students
MCA Testing Donations
It's that time again for MCA Testing for our students!
In order to make testing time successful for every student, we are looking for your help!
We are looking to provide students with water and/or Breakfast & Granola Bars as a snack to keep them going throughout the 2 testing days.
All Donations can be dropped off in the Main Office any time before Thursday, April 22nd.
There is a sign up genius link but not sure if links work in the mustang memo.
Attention DLA Families - MCA Testing Dates
- April 16 for 6th & 7th graders
- April 23 for 8th graders
Picking Up & Dropping Off
As we return to full in-person learning on April 6th it is important to review the procedures and expectations for picking up and dropping off your student. These are to ensure student safety first as well as doing our best to create a smooth and efficient process. Please use door #2 which is at the east end of the building.
Student drop off and pick up reminders (please comply 100% to these to ensure student safety and a smooth and efficient process):
- Line up by pulling all of the way forward to the next waiting vehicle (the line starts at the orange flag which is past the school entrance). Continue to pull all of the way forward as cars exit the line.
- Doors will open at 7:48 a.m. Students are asked to wait in their cars until we begin allowing students in the building at 7:48 a.m.
- IMPORTANT: Students are NOT to walk through the parking lot to and from their vehicles as this is a major safety concern. This has started to grow as a concern and we need to discontinue this.
- All students need to remain in their vehicles until you reach the curb next to the school. At that time, students may exit their vehicles
- When picking up, students are to wait on the sidewalk until the vehicle pulls up to the curb before getting in.
- Please follow the coned path which loops you throughout the whole parking lot.
- Pull all of the way to the next waiting car in line
- Remain in this line, avoiding cutting through the cones and parked vehicles
- As soon as your child has exited or entered the vehicle, please exit the parking lot immediately which will allow us to keep cars pulling forward
- When waiting in line, if you are out on the street that enters the parking lot, please do not block the roadway so that cars exiting are able to turn left and so that other traffic is able to flow in both directions.
- If you are waiting on the street to enter the parking lot, please pull over and line up on the shoulder until you are able to enter the lot. This will open up the roadway for traffic to get by.
Thank you very much for complying with these expectations and procedures . The two main issues we have seen in recent weeks are students walking through the parking lot and cars cutting through the cones. I can understand it can be challenging for some to wait in a long line but we need this to happen to ensure student safety. We have been able to complete the drop off and pick up process within an average of 10-15 minutes so am asking for patience from everyone. Again, as we begin full in-person on April 6th, it will only get busier so we need everyone’s help with this process. Please see the diagram below.
Principal, Maple Grove Middle School Mustangs
Students Enrolled in the Distance Learning Academy
WHO TO CONTACT
School Phone: 763-315-7600...............................Website: http://mgms.district279.org
Attendance: 763-315-7603………………………………..Transportation: 763-391-7244
Kaia Paquin, Counselor 6th Grade .......Email: PaquinK@district279.org
Jennifer Hinker, Assistant Principal......Email: HinkerJ@district279.org
Katie Gerdts, Counselor 7th Grade.....Email: GerdtsK@district279.org
Cedric Fuller, Assistant Principal……..Email: FullerC@district279.org
Kaia Paquin, Counselor 8th Grade A-F.......Email: PaquinK@district279.org
Katie Gerdts, Counselor 8th Grade G-K......Email: GerdtsK@district279.org
Caleb Willis, Counselor 8th Grade L-Z & DLA C-K.......Email: WillisC@district279.org
Patrick Smith, Principal .....Email: SmithPatrick@district279.org
Student Management Specialists Assist With All Grades
Nathanial Davies – Email: DaviesN@district279.org Grades 7 & 8
DeAndre Mills – Email: MillsD@district279.org Grades 6 & 8
District Tip Line.........763-391-8660