Friday, January 15, 2016
Ask your child...
- to tell you the difference between fiction and nonfiction.
- to tell you some fiction characteristics of Tacky the Penguin.
- to tell you what they know about Martin Luther King Jr.
- what award did he win? (Nobel Peace Prize)
- to read you a couple of books out of their book box.
Sight Word Assessment
In your child's Friday folder you will find their most recent sight word assessment. I have circled the words they know and highlighted in pink the words they are still working on. The children are doing a great job learning these this year but I wanted you to have all the information so you can work on them at home if you wish to.
Our kindergarten field trip will be on March 7th. We are going to the Sea Life Aquarium and Kaleidoscope. We can only take a given amount of volunteers, usually 3 or 4. Our volunteers must be screened by the district to attend. It is a simple procedure but does take a week to be approved. If you would like to be in the drawing to attend the field trip please contact the office and they will give you the required paperwork.
I hope you have had the opportunity to listen to your child read some of the books in their book box this week. Your child has brought two books home to add to their box: Snow Falls and Martin Luther King Jr.
Many of the students have filled their journal (spiral notebook) Please ask your child if theirs is full and if so, you may want to purchase them a new one. Thank you for your help with this.
Dates to Remember:
- January 18: No School Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 22: Mercury Gym 6:30-8:00PM
- February 11: Early Release
- February 15: No School President's Day
- March 10: Early Release
- March 18: No School Teacher Work Day
- March 21-25: No School; Spring Break
- April 14: Early Release
Specials Schedule: January 19-22
A Day -Art, B and D Day-Music and PE, C Day-Library
- Monday: No School
- Tuesday: D
- Wednesday: A
- Thursday: B
- Friday: C