September 20, 2021
Drive for Schools
- If you're calling the office to report an absence, please leave a detailed message if the office doesn't answer.
- Students should only exit and enter their car in the yellow zone, not at the other parts of the parking lot
- The drop off lane is for quick drop off/pick up. If your child needs extra support getting in and out of the car, please consider parking and walking.
- All parents need to check in to the office if coming on campus for a meeting.
Yearbook Volunteers Needed
We are in need of parents interested in helping create the yearbook. This is all done virtually from the comfort of your own home! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping! The program is very user friendly!
Mountain Mike's Pizza Success!
Cell Phone Reminders
Open Positions at Rio
Free Covid Testing
September 20th-October 11th Drive for Schools
October 15th No school
RDMPA Direct Ask
We are so grateful for the support of our Rio families. Last year the RDMPA paused our direct ask program due to the pandemic and school closure. Now that school is back in person we will need to fund our onsite programs again and we can't do that without your help. A flyer will be sent home with your child on Monday on ways you can donate. You can also donate online at
Please remind your students about the playground and outside rules at Rio del Mar.
RDMPA Direct Ask
Daily Wellness Check
ALL students and staff are required to complete a daily wellness check prior to arrival at school. You can set an event on your phone calendar and attach this website link to the calendar event. We understand this is just another step as you are trying to get out the door, but it is necessary for contact tracing and keeping schools open.
The middle section of our parking lot is for staff parking only. Please refrain from walking through the parking lot and use the sidewalk to walk around it instead. This is for student safety.
For drive through drop off, students exit the car when they are in front of the yellow curb only (not at the park). This is the case for pickup as well.
Parking spots with blue signs with family names were purchased at our auction. Please only use these spaces if your name is displayed. Also, if you did purchase a parking spot you may walk to the base of the stairs to pick your child up after school.
- While you may see vaccinated teachers and staff without masks outside, masks are required for all parents and community members regardless of your vaccination status while on campus and in the parking lot.
- Please check in with your child about the fit of their masks. A few students had ill-fitting masks. If a child needs a new mask during the school day, we do have kid-sized masks available.