GRE Family Gazette
May 13, 2019
Dear GRE Families,
It's May! And the official countdown to summer is in full swing. We have so many exciting things happening in the upcoming 2 weeks. Our Race to the Finish campaign is continuing strong. We have had so many students sign our Race wall, each one eager to write their name. While we want students to wrap up their year in loads of fun, we still have some work to do! Be sure to talk to your child about what it means to buckle down and finish the year strong.
Last week was Staff Appreciation Week, and boy do we have an amazing PTO! A huge thank you to our PTO for all their hard work and preparation to treat our staff. It was an incredible week!
This week we will send our first graders on a field trip to the Zoo and camp in the classroom, celebrate Ohio Week with our fourth graders, and finish up our end of the year assessments. It's a busy time at GRE but we are loving every second together!
Here's to a great week full of fun, friends and learning!
Principal, General Rosecrans Elementary
Need some help with the special schedule? See below:
Monday 5/13- B Day
Tuesday 5/14- C Day
Wednesday 5/15- D Day
Thursday 5/16- A Day
Friday 5/17- B Day
A Few Important Reminders:
1. Variety show auditions are this week! Please make sure your student is prepared and brings everything they need to their audition!
Monday, May 13th
2. Field Day will be held on Monday, May 20th (Rain date Tuesday, May 21st). This year we are hoping to have our 24 stations run by volunteers. Click here to sign up. You can sign up for just the morning session, just the afternoon session, or join us for the whole day!
3. We would like to take a moment to remind you that our last day of school will be on May 23rd. Like last year, we will not be hosting an end of the year picnic on the last day of school due to the security and safety concerns of our students. We will also be having a two-hour early dismissal on the last day of school and students will be dismissed at 1:30 pm. The cafeterias WILL BE OPEN for lunch as normal on this day. Please contact your building’s office staff should you have any questions.
4. We still need volunteers to help with Pick Up for our flower sale on May 17th. Any help is appreciate-the more volunteers the quicker the line moves! Sign up here if you are able to help out.
5. Lunch visitors-please remember that you may not take photos in our lunch room. We love that you are here to visit your amazing children, but several of our students families do not want their children photographed and posted on social media websites. Help us respect all of our families wishes by keeping any photos you want to take with your child in our office area where we can make sure no other kids are in the picture. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office.
6. It's time for a Spring reminder about our parent drop off loop. Just like our students need to finish strong, so do our drop off lines. You must remain in a single file line while moving through the loop. There should be no passing. You should not drop students off in the bus loop or on the main roads. Be kind to each other, use patience and let's set a good example of how adults follow the expectations for our drop off car line.
May 14 4th Grade Parent Information Night at BWI, 6-7 PM
May 16 First Grade Field Trip-Zoo
May 20 Field Day (9:15-11:15 Session 1; 1:00-3:00 Session 2), Brown Bag Lunch
May 21 Variety Show 9:00-10:30, 2-3; Volunteer Lunch
May 22 Discovery Day 9-11; Eagle Ed
May 23 Last Day of School; 1:30 Release Time-Clap Out for 4th Graders; Report Cards & Assess. Letters Home