From Mrs. Hoover
- Check google drive for the new Reading Lab schedule for your dyslexic students. This will begin November 26th. We are sorry but we are required to make these changes.
- Thank you for keeping up with the ESL spreadsheet.
- Please remind 4th grade students taking writing on-line that the computer lab is open for practice daily between 7:15-7:45.
3 POD 12 Nueces Delta & Hour of Code Week
4 Science Fair Awards
5 Progress Reports
6 Family Literacy Night
7 Elementary Christmas Party at Ainsworth
11 4th Grade Music Performance
9:30 Lopez, Almaraz, Flores
1:45 Ready, McAliley, Falany, Jackson
12 4th Grade Music Performance
9:30 Robinson, Clark, Alvarado
14 WATCH DOG-ARMANDO VASQUEZ (Benjamin Noland)
18 Intermediate Choir Performance
20 Holiday Sing-Along
21 Christmas Holiday
22 Christmas Holiday
23 Cindy Flores Birthday Christmas Holiday
24 Christina Wyrick Birthday & Christmas Holiday
25 Christmas Holiday
26 Kelly Leal, Rebecca Morales Birthday & Christmas Holiday
27 Christmas Holiday
28 Christmas Holiday
29 Christmas Holiday
30 Christmas Holiday
31 Christmas Holiday
1 Jennifer Kaspar Birthday & Christmas Holiday
2 Christmas Holiday
3 Christmas Holiday
4 Christmas Holiday
7 HEB Share Your Christmas Appearance
11 Noel Munoz Birthday
12 Dawn White Birthday
14 3rd Six Weeks Benchmark Math
15 Courtney Dyckman Birthday &
3rd Six Weeks Benchmark Reading
16 Michelle Atkinson Birthday
18 Jennifer Hanna Birthday
19 National Popcorn Day
21 MLK Day No School
22 Angela Clark Birthday & Writer's Tea
23 Good Choice-Jumping World
24 Norma Hinojosa Birthday
Report Cards & Good Choice-Jumping World
25 Good Choice-Jumping World
29 Tina Deleon & Jeanine Hoover Birthdays
31 School Board Meeting
January School Board Appreciation Month
Time to Sign Up for Next TLC
- If a student becomes ill and goes home, they can finish taking the test when they return.
- ANY student taking the online writing test may have someone type for them if their typing skills are inadequate.
- Flippity website was the coolest thing I learned....check out the link below!
- Ideas for helping students with test anxiety. (see below)
- Book i want to read-Eat The Frog...concept that if you start your day by "eating a frog" it can only get better from there (lol)...book about not procrastinating and tackling the hard stuff first.
- Dictionary will be embedded accommodation on online tests. HOWEVER IT DOES NOT READ TO THEM SO IN ARD ADD "ORAL ADMIN FOR RESOURCE MATERIALS" to online testers that may need them read.
- STAAR Spanish online is now available WITH EMBEDDED SUPPORTS! This is great news for our Spanish speaking students!
- There is a TELPAS ALT now for students that take STAAR ALT.
- There will be a TELPAS Writing Audit this year. Important to keep writing samples from TELPAS in case we are selected.
- NEW Online Tutorials for STAAR will be available January 2019; includes the new tools.
- IPADs can be used for testing...I want to try this out....
- INTERIM ASSESSMENT TOOLS IS AMAZING! READ MORE BELOW!
- And a bunch of High School stuff that gave me a headache....I'll spare you all.
STAAR Interim Assessment Tool
- It is available now!
- There are two versions of the test. Intended to be used to see growth over the year. Give "Opportunity 1" in the Fall and "Opportunity 2" in the spring.
- It is not intended to be a "Mock" or Benchmark.
- It does predict level of performance (Approach, Meet, Master) on the STAAR test.
- It is two parts. The student completes part one, then it assigns part 2 based on how they did in part one. This is intended to not waste time and still gives accurate results and differentiates for the student.
- Results are immediate and you can see down to the actual question a student missed!
- We have to register the students (I'm having Jeanine do this now).
- This does have Content and Language supports if needed.
- It is available in Spanish.
- It is the same platform as STAAR so online testers will get familiar.
- You can assign students to lower grade level if you want.
- EVERY item on this tool has been a field tested question on an actual STAAR test.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR STUDENTS THAT ARE STRUGGLING OR WILL BE TAKING ONLINE TESTING IN THE SPRING.
- Not available for Writing at this time.
- Results will be uploaded into DMAC.
What is Test Anxiety
20%-45% of elementary students experience test anxiety.
Quick Strategies for Test Day
Palming Method, Tensing and Differential Calming Method
Test Anxiety Myths
Fun Run Sponsors!
Turn Google Spreadsheets into super cool interactive tools for your students or your instruction!
15 Fall Picture Retakes & Primary Thankgsgiving Feast (eat in class)
15` Second Six Weeks Benchmark Math
15 Happy Birthday Mr. Jackson
16 Good Choice (Movie)
16 Second Six Weeks Benchmark Math
19 Thanksgiving Holiday
20 Thanksgiving Holiday
20 Happy Birthday Mrs. Barnec
21 Thanksgiving Holiday
22 Thanksgiving Holiday
23 Thanksgiving Holiday
23 Happy Birthday Mrs. Hurst
29 Science Projects Due, Report Cards, Board Meeting
30 Science Fair Judging