BEST District of the EVSC - March 22, 2017
Locally Developed Assessments (LDAs)
The window is about to open for the second round of LDAs. Here are some key points to remember:
- Use Approved GVC Standards.
- Select 5 Standards - 3 to 4 items per standard for a total of 18-20 items
- Must include at least ONE Constructed Response Item
- The items from Pretest to Posttest can remain the same. In other words, you can give the same assessment for both rounds of LDAs if you choose.
- Only students who take the pre and post will be included in the Effectiveness Rating.
This assessment is one indicator of student growth. See the Effectiveness Rating below to correlate student growth from the LDA to your own rubric score for iObservation.
LDA Window for Pretest and Posttest
Download a copy of the LDA Spreadsheet (Click the Link Below. Then Click the Blue Download Button.)
Other Points to Consider for LDAs
- Save your LDA posttest as LDA_1617-first.lastname
- Student names should be entered into the spreadsheet in one of two ways - either as Last, First or First Last (if there is a student with the same exact name, please include the student number for each of these students in column A of the spreadsheet).
- You DO NOT have to ensure students are in the same row on the pre-test tab and posttest tab.
- Any student with only one test score will NOT be included in your improvement calculation.