Monday Memo, April 11, 2016
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, April 8 to Friday, April 15
OUR VISION: Inspiring Curiosity, Creativity, and Achievement
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
News, Notes and Reminders
Dear Early Childhood Teacher,
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 2 – 6 and this year, several organizations are joining together to sponsor a reception for early childhood teachers to recognize and thank them for “helping our children grow”.
The reception will be held on Wednesday, May 4, from 7:30 – 9:00 PM at Hagerstown Community College, in the Student Center. The “garden party” theme will feature scrumptious desserts and hot and cold drinks. Guests will receive favors and tickets for door prizes. This will be an opportunity for early childhood professionals to mix and mingle, and enjoy an evening out.
Tickets for this event are $10 each and APPLES for Children will be accepting reservations and payment on-line.
We hope you will be able to join us for our celebration of early childhood professionals on May 4.
Terry Kitchen, President, MSCCA- Washington County, MD
NOTE: If you are interested in attending this event please use the RSVP below. We will use school funds to pay the $10.00 fee to attend. We will need to do a group registration. Thanks!
Funkstown School will be participating in the annual telephone directory recycling challenge that will be held April 18th to April 22nd which is our Earth Day Walk-for-Fun and Fitness. Parents will be asked to send in old phone books to be recycled. There will be a box in the cafeteria for any phone books you may receive. If you would like more information please see the notice on the bulletin board in the teachers lunch room. Thanks!
There are 40.5 (Kindergarten) teaching and learning days left in this school year!! (Pre-K 38 days) Let's make the most of every single day!
Teacher and Child Care Provider Appreciation Reception
Wednesday, May 4th, 7:30-9pm
Hagerstown Community College Student Center
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Monday, April 4th
The Leadership Committee (SIT) will meet today at 3:05 PM in Mrs. Montini's room
Tuesday, April 5th
Bookmobile visiting today
Wednesday, April 6th
Yearbooks will go home today.
Thursday, April 7th
Friday, April 8th
A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.
- IEP/transition meetings for April - 6th, 7th, 13th, 20th 27th
- April 19th- Kindergarten to Little Mermaid at The Maryland Theater.
- April 21st- Kindergarten to Planetarium
- April 22nd- Spring Walk-A-Thon
- April 26th- Primary Election Day - No School, Funkstown office open, CES open.
- April 28th and 29th Common Ground Conference in Ocean City.
- May 2nd - 6th National Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 2nd and 3rd - Prekindergarten Family Conferences. No school for Pre-K
- May 3rd - Teacher Appreciation Day
- May 3rd and 4th - iPad's in Early Education. UMBC and Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort
- May 3rd- Dinosaurs Rock program for Kindergarten students. PM
- May 13th- Cinco De Mayo Day staff luncheon
- May 17th- Ready at Five Symposium, Emotional Intelligence- From Theory to Practice - Turf Valley Conference Center.
- May 19th- Pre-K to Misty Meadows Farm - Kindergarten to KinderKonzert
- May 27th- Funkstown Field Day
- May 30th- Memorial Day- Schools and CES closed
- June- 3rd and 4th - End of Year Celebrations
- June 7th- Last day of school for Pre-K students
- June 8th- Last 1/2 day of school for Kindergarten students
- June 9th- Last day of school for staff
- June 9th- Social/Wellness Committee Social- Destination to be determined.
- June 10th- HAPPY SUMMER!