Holly Academy News & Views
February 21, 2020
It's Parent/Teacher Conference Time!
Next Thursday, February 27th, we are conducting Parent/Teacher Conferences from 1:00pm-4:30pm and 5:30pm-8:00pm in the main gym. These conferences are very important as we are more than half way through the school year. At this point in the year you and your student/s have a good feel for the grade level curriculum and meaningful communication can take place regarding progress, to date. The home-school connection can be one of the most powerful factors in our Huskies' success. To be better prepared these tips can assist you:
- Talk to your Husky before you attend. Is there anything unclear at school? What does your student like or dislike about their classes?
- Ask questions about the work your Husky does in school.
- Share what your student says about school.
- Leave with a plan in mind. How are you going to help more at home (if necessary)?
- Talk to your Husky about your conference and share what the teacher said.
We look forward to speaking with you at conferences. It's great to be a Husky!
Coffee & Conversation
Did You Know...
The PTO has given back to HA this year by funding several much needed items:
- Have you been in the main gym lately? Check out our new curtains, courtesy of the PTO!
- Our middle school students have one more chromebook cart with 30 computers, thanks to the PTO!
- The PTO has funded new stage curtains for the auditorium which will be installed in the next few months!
Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet"
Join our Pack! Please spread the word to your friends and colleagues that Holly Academy's open enrollment period is now through March 6th. Our Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet" is on Monday, February 24th from 6:00pm-7:30pm. Prospective students and parents can come and meet the staff and discover what makes HA remarkable. #daretoberemarkable
Did you know that March is not only reading month, but also wellness month? The Healthy Huskies committee is a team of teachers dedicated to all things wellness! On March 5th from 6:00 - 8:00 pm, please join us for our 6th Annual Wellness Expo. In addition to many activities and vendors, we will be having our bi-annual Puberty Talks. This year, Dr. DeAnna and Dr. Streff will be speaking with students and parents about puberty. There are two sessions for boys and two sessions for girls. The first sessions begin at 6:15 for students in 4th through 6th grade. The second sessions begin at 7:15 for students in 6th through 8th grade. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Potteiger at email@example.com. Here's to Healthy Huskies!
Update from the Accounting Department
On February 6th, Governor Whitmer presented her budget proposal for the 2020-2021 fiscal year, and it currently includes a “proposed” increase that would be $225 per pupil for our school. The Senate and House fiscal agencies will soon announce their budget proposals. Then, everyone waits for the three governmental branches to have further discussions and compromises. Hopefully, the eventual approved per-pupil increase will be $225 or higher!
If you have a child that will be ready for Young 5s or Kindergarten in the fall you need to fill out an application to reserve their spot.
Applications are available in the office, on our website, and attached.It's great to be a Husky!
Please Join Us
Order Form for Author Visit
Annual Education Report
- Feb. 24 - Spring picture day - dress up or down
- Feb. 24 - Y5/K/1 "Meet & Greet" at 6:00pm
- Feb. 26 - Board of Director's meeting, 5:30pm in media center
- Feb. 27 - Parent/teacher conferences, 1:00-4:30pm and 5:30-8:00pm
- Feb. 27 - Story Hour, 8:00am or 10:30am in media center
- Feb. 27 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Feb. 28 - Half day, dismiss at 11:30am
- Mar. 2 - "March is Reading Month" begins
- Mar. 4 - "Coffee & Conversation" at 8:00am in media center
- Mar. 5 - Wellness Night, 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Mar. 6 - Music Dept.dress down, $1.00
- Mar. 12 - PTO meeting at 8:00am
- Mar. 13 - Caring Commitee dress down, $1.00
- Mar. 17 - Book Fair begins
- Mar. 20 - Book Fair ends
- Mar 20 - El Mago de Oz performance at 6:00pm in the auditorium
- Mar. 20 - PBIS dress down, $1.00
- Mar. 25 - Board of Director's meeting, 5:30pm in media center
- Mar. 27-Apr. 3 - Spring break
Holly Academy Education Fund Open Trustee Position
Are you looking for a fun way to become more involved in your child’s school? Do you enjoy meeting new people and working toward a positive goal? Then consider applying to become a trustee for the Holly Academy Education Foundation (HAEF)!
Fill out the application to apply. Submit to the office by April 1, 2020.