Professional EVENT WITH CEUS!
LET'S START THE CONVERSATION ...
Did you know? Many children are exposed to porn by 11
- And sadly, they are learning that sex equals violence
- Sex eduction today is on a screen and void of intimacy, love, and connection
- Gag porn and anal gang rape is the leading porn that teens are exposed to
- Adult porn addicts report loss of intimacy and connection, and partners report feeling like they can't compete with the men and women in porn
- Can't beat em? One partner shared, "Maybe he will find me attractive if I look like a porn star."
The nay sayers continue to deny the ample neurobiological research, including the World Health Organization and ASAM declaring that sex/porn addiction are legitimate diseases similar to food addiction and substance addiction.
REGARDLESS OF THE NAYSAYERS, YOU STILL HAVE CLIENTS/PATIENTS/PARISHIONERS COMING TO YOU SAYING THEY CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT PORN. SO...
it is time we talk about it...
Keynote: Dr. Donald Hilton
Dr. Hilton's primary research has included neural mechanisms of addiction. He has authored peer reviewed journal articles and book chapters on addiction, including papers published in Socioaffective Neuroscience and Psychology, and Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity to name a few. He recently co-authored a chapter on sexual addiction in the newly published textbook by the Oxford University Press, Neurobiology of Addiction. He serves on the board of directors of the National Center on Sexual Exploitation (NCOSE), and on the board of directors of the Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH). He recently spoke in the Parliament Building in Warsaw, Poland in a hearing on the public health aspects of pornography, and in a similar forum in the US Capitol Building in a congressional briefing.
PROFESSIONAL EVENT DETAILS
- Two Presentations by Dr. Donald Hilton: Part I (morning): The Neurobiological Basis of Pornography/Sex Addiction and Part II (lunch & learn): Why Pornography and Sex Addiction Is A Public Health Issue, & Response to Critics..
- Poster Session (lunch & learn): Candice Christiansen, CMHC, CSAT-S and Jackie Pack, LCSW, CSAT-S, It's More than Covering a Banana: Becoming Equipped to Teach and Support Clients in Comprehensive Healthy Sexuality
- TED Talk: Gail Dines, PhD. Author of Pornland, titled, Growing Up in a Pornified Culture
Lunch will be provided at the lunch and learn!
Professionals Events at Westminster College
Friday, June 24th, 9:45am-2pm
1840 1300 East
Salt Lake City, UT
Morning: 9:45a.m. to 11:35 a.m.
Lunch and Learn: 12:00-2:00 p.m.
*Both Presentation held in the Special Events Room.
Cost & CE Credit for Clinicians
Professional Morning Event, Part I: $45
Professional Lunch/Learn, Part II: $45
Both Professional Events: $80
LCSW: 1.5 CEs each event (3 total)
CMHC: 2 CEs each event (4 total)
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Supporting this event (thank you!):
Namaste Center for Healing, Founder Candice Christiansen, CMHC, CSAT-S
Healing Paths Inc., Founder Jackie Pack, LCSW, CSAT-S