Happenings on the Hill
MHBS 5-12 Communications/September 14, 2018
Introducing MHBS Bass Anglers
Mars Hill recently introduced its newly formed Bass Angler Team composed of twenty-seven students from 6th to 12th grade. Coached by Cary Burnley and Shannon Bridges, the team will fish three fall tournaments to qualify for three of six spring tournaments, which will enable our top 12 anglers to represent Mars Hill in competing against schools from all over the state. As in other sports, if the team does well enough, Panther anglers will have an opportunity to compete in a state final competition.
Congratulations to the Bass Angler team of Jacob Jaynes and Brody Williamson and their captain, Steve Humphries, who placed 2nd (out of 54 boats) in their first tournament.
Butter Braid Fundraiser
Congrats, National Honor Society Inductees & Officers
- Congratulations to the folowing high school students who will be inducted into the National Honor Society September 26: Collin Huntley, Will Roberson, Victoria Rollins, Mary Choate, Hannah Henry, Caleb Conner, Ryan Foster, Cooper Howton, Samantha King, Lane Lambert, Emma Pettus, Luke Phillips, Sara Sain, Ethan Trousdale, and Lan Whiteside.
- Congratulations to the following middle school students who will be inducted into the National Jr. Honor Society September 26: (7th grade) Avery Burnley, Adara Carter, Cheston Davis, Dawson Derr, Jay Dobbs, Tyler Durham, Davis Hamm, Barklee Hargett, Caleb Heupel, Annie Hibbett, Taylor Higgins, Samantha Howton, Jack Irby, Ruth Livingston, Jackson Lowery, Ava McGee, Emma Moore, Jackson Moore, Sam Owens, Kalyn Robbins, Bryce Roberson, Madie Sain, Sophie Simpson, Luke Sutherland, Bonnie Thompson; (8th grade) Marah Bowerman, Veronica Clemmons, Tyler Foster, Maggie Frederick, High Hargett, Holli Henry, Anna Jacobs, Drake James, Anna Lawson, Preston Lumpkins, Connor Pigg, Lauren Roberson, Ellie South, Cloie Trousdale, Brock Windham, and Emma Kate Wright.
- The 2018-19 National Honor Society officers are President Jack McKinnon, Vice President Kylie Thigpen, Secretary Evan Swinea, and Treasurer Macy Wallace.
Our Newest Panthers (More to Come)
Eighth grader Reagan Humble comes to Mars Hill from Alabama Christian Academy. She cheers and plays tennis and is a member of the Larimore Service League.
Grace Stanfield, who is in 7th grade, plays softball and basketball. She comes to Mars Hill from Underwood Elementary. Welcome to the Hill, Grace!
Sophie Lutes is a 7th grader who comes to Mars Hill Bible School from Hibbett Middle School. We're glad you're here, Sophie!
Show Your Spirit: Dress-Up Days Every Friday This Fall
Mark Your Calendars
09.14: Football @ Phillips (Varsity), 7 pm
09.14: Picture Order Turn-in Deadline
09.15: Volleyball @ Muscle Shoals Tournament (Varsity), TBA
09.17: Volleyball @ Hatton vs. Hatton & Russellville (Jr. High), 4:30, 5:30 pm
09.17: Volleyball @ Hatton (JV), 7:30 pm
09.17: Football @ Lauderdale Co. (Jr High), 5:30 pm
09.18: Cross Country @ Randolph Cross Country Classic (JV, Varsity), 2, 3:15 pm
09.18: Volleyball @ Rogers (JV), 5:30
09.18: Volleyball @ Rogers vs. Deshler & Rogers (Varsity) 5:30, 6:30 pm
09.20: Volleyball @ Lexington (Jr. High, JV), 4, 5 pm
09.20: Volleyball @ Lexington vs. Lexington & W. Limestone (Varsity), 4, 5 pm
09.21: Football @ Home vs. Cherokee (Varsity), 7 pm
09.22: Volleyball @ Brooks Tournament (Varsity), TBA
09.22: Robotics "Mall Day," 10 am-2 pm
09.26: NHS and NJHS Induction, Morris Auditorium, 10 am
09.26: Early Dismissal, Parent/Teacher Conferences/Teacher In-Service
Chorus Programs Slated for the Year
October 14 @ Petersville, 5 pm
November 4 @ Stony Point, 5:30 pm
December 9 @ Wood Avenue, 5 pm
January 13 @ Jacksonburg, 5 pm
February 10 @ Sherrod Avenue, 5 pm
March 10 @ Tuscumbia, 5 pm
March 20 @ Cross Point, 6:30 pm
April 28 @ Woodlawn, 5 pm
Other Important Information
The "blue calendar” has our annual Veterans Day Program scheduled for the 9th of November. That is INCORRECT. We will be in school ALL DAY on November 9. We will have our Veterans Day celebration Monday, November 12. The program will start at 9 am. School will dismiss after the program on November 12 and help us honor our veterans.
- If you have a new student or have not used the lunch payment system previously go to https://www.payschoolscentral.com and click on Register to open the new account. There are links to the smartphone app below the log in.
- If you have forgotten your password for the lunch payment system, go to https://www.payschoolscentral.com and click Forgot Password and the password reset will be emailed to you. Your user name should be either the primary email address or alternate email address that you entered in Administrators Plus, the school student information system. If you're still having trouble you can contact Bill Gooch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of Mars Hill Bible School is to provide every student a Christ-centered, Bible-based education emphasizing spiritual, academic, physical, and social development in an environment where Christian principles are taught, honored, and upheld.