Jordan Tech Thursdays
Tech Updates for the Week of Thursday, November 29, 2012
App Spotlight - ProfessorWord
Even better, ProfessorWord automatically highlights SAT/ACT vocabulary words on any website in yellow. This allows readers to learn new, key vocabulary in context.
Check it out, install the bookmarklet in your browser, and even create a free account to store your words and create study lists at http://www.professorword.com/
Google Docs Tip - Shared Folders
1. Instruct students to create a folder by selecting the Create new text box. Click Folder.
2. Have students name their folder (I recommend a standard naming convention like Period#_LastName_FirstIntial. For example: 3_Ellis_M. This will allow you to easily sort folders by period).
3. Click Save.
4. Have students hold down the control button on the keyboard while clicking on their folder.
5. Select Share and then Sharing settings... from the drop down menu.
6. Students should then add your email address in the text box labeled Add people: and set it to Can edit
7. Click Share
8. Now, to share a document with you, students only need to drag that document into the shared folder. They will also never have to (incorrectly) enter your email address to share a document with you!