Clarks Creek Chronicles
October, 2017- MORE News and Notes to Keep You Connected
A Note From the Principal
Good afternoon! I know you've already gotten a newsletter this month, but there are several pieces of information I wanted to share before Conference Day tomorrow and our big events on Friday and Saturday. This one will be short and sweet but chock full of important tidbits!
I hope to see you this week!
Places You May Need to Go, and Where You'll Find Them
- Main Office - Door 1 (main entry) is now on the SW corner of the building. It is the entry marked outside with lettering, so you can't miss it! Mrs. Cutler will be in the office from 12:00 - 7:00 tomorrow if you would need to talk with her.
- Trash Bag Pick-Up - GYM (downstairs); thanks to everyone for the great support for this fundraiser! Please pick up your orders in the gym tomorrow.
- Fifth Grade - Mrs. Slover's room is upstairs in the SW corner of the building. All other fifth grade classrooms are downstairs in the gym hall or the small hall connecting the gym and music hallways (where the computer labs used to be).
- Book Fair - Don't forget that the Book Fair is running tomorrow, too! It's taking place in "Town Hall," the main lobby. It will be open for purchases from 12:00 - 7:00 p.m. Christmas is only 61 days away! :)
- Computer Lab - If you're attending the enVision Math session for parents tomorrow, you'll find the lab at the end of the second grade hall. As you go from Town Hall, it will be the last room on the right in the far left hallway.
DON'T FORGET THE BOOK FAIR TOMORROW!
REMINDER - New Math Series Parent Info Available Tomorrow
Coming to the Convo?
You may begin arriving as early as 2:00 for check-in at door 1. Parents and other registered guests will be permitted to move to the gym after the last P.E. class concludes, about 2:15.
If you are coming for the convo but haven't yet registered, please do so no later than noon tomorrow at this link:
Halloween Event Help Still Desperately Needed!
Halloween Event Sign Up
PTO is also still accepting donations of candy for the big trick-or-treating part of the evening. Thanks for any help you can provide!
10/26 Parent Conference Day - No Student Attendance
10/27 PRIDE Convo #1 2:30pm
10/28 PTO Halloween Event 5-8pm
- 10/30 - 11/3 Red Ribbon Week*
- 10/31 Kindergarten Career Day
- 11/2 Picture Make-Up/Retake Day*
- 11/7 FREE Parent Workshop - 6:30 p.m. at the superintendent's office (see below)
- 11/14 Body Safety Program Parent Preview Night 6:30 @ VAN BUREN
- 11/17 Kindergarten Native American Day
- 11/22 - 24 Thanksgiving Break - Remember... Students are off on WEDNESDAY this year!
- 11/27 & 28 - Body Safety Presentations to grades K, 2, 4
*Watch for dress-up day themes coming home on Friday!
Don't Miss this FREE Parent Event!
Picture Make-Up/Retake Info
Picture Makeup Day is early on the morning of Thursday November 2nd. New students and those who were absent on the first picture day will be photographed for the yearbook at that time. For students who were already photographed and want retakes, a parent is asked to call DMH Photographics (prior to makeup day) so the photographer knows what you want to change and to add your student's name to the school's photography list. This assures your child comes down for pictures. DMH Photographics phone number is 317.838.0921.