"Super" Spruce Scoop
Volume 2 Edition 27
March 21, 2016
Rise and Shine...
What's Your Favorite Brand?
If someone were to ask you about your favorite brand, you would likely think of a piece of clothing or possibly shoes. For example, when considering your favorite type of running shoes, many would suggest Nike, some would say Adidas and others might like Reebok. However, the brand that changes lives is what I would like you to think about.
In the "Super" Spruce feeder pattern, we have school leaders developing a brand for their campus which will change the lives for many students. As we move toward the 2016 - 2017 school year, we will have Early College High School at Spruce High School, a Single-Gender Girls school at Balch Springs and a Two-Way Dual Language at B. H. Macon Elementary. Each is unique and will provide an even better learning opportunity for our scholars.
To the left is the proposed logo that has been developed for the Balch Springs Middle School single-gender campus. As your team plans for the upcoming school year, please consider your brand and how it makes the lives better for our scholars.
We have a "Super" Team
Events for the Week
- Monday, March 21 - K-2 Cadre @ Burleson
- Tuesday, March 22 - Spring Budget Meeting at HCM 9400 North Central Expressway (at your scheduled time) Also, bring your Attendance for Credit binder for my review, K-2 Cadre @ Cuellar
- Wednesday, March 23 - K-2 Cadre @ Anderson
- Thursday, March 24 -
- Friday, March 25 - Inclement Weather Day - No School
Kudos Goes To:
- Thank you to Principal Bennett for direct writing support to his scholars. Finding time to do so is very difficult and it shows his commitment to their success!
- Principal Cordoba at Gonzalez and Principal Williams at Burleson and their teams for hosting Spring Break School to provide a little more support for 4th and 5th graders. That's going above and beyond!
- Dr. Wilson at Cuellar and Principal Petters at Spruce for hosting our recent data meetings at their respective campuses.
7-April 6--TELPAS (K-12)
29--STAAR EOC English I (9-12)
29--STAAR Writing (Grades 4 & 7)
29--STAAR Math (Grades 5 & 8)
30--STAAR Reading (Grades 5 & 8)
31-STAAR EOC English II & 7th Grade Pre-AP
4-22--STAAR ALT 2 Assessment Window (3-8 & EOC)
4-8--ES & HS Art Performance ACP (Grades 5, 9-12)
12-15--Student Survey Window (Grades 3-12)
12-22--ITBS/LOGRAMOS Window (K-2)--WILL CLARIFY
18-19--ES Gym ACP (Grade 4)
18-29--Secondary Band Performance ACP (Grades 6-12)
20-21-ES Music Performance ACP (Grade 3)
9-24--Middle School Gym Performance ACP (Grades 6-8)
16-19--Middle School Art Performance ACP (Grade 7)
2-6--STAAR EOC Algebra I, Biology, US History (9-12)
9--STAAR Math (Grades 3,4,6,7)
9--STAAR Math Re-test (Grades 5 & 8)
10--STAAR Reading (Grades 3,4,6,7)
10--STAAR Reading Re-test (Grades 5 & 8)
11--STAAR Science (Grades 5 & 8)
12--STAAR Social Studies (Grade 8)
2-27--Istation's ISIP Assessment EOY (K-2)
18-26--ACP (Grades 3-5)
27-June 2--ACP (Grades 6-12)
**This chart will be updated as necessary