What is Sustainability?
By: Mitchell Solomon
The Three Parts That Make up and Contribute to Sustainability
Why Environmental Sustainability the Most Important
Environmental Sustainability related to Key Components
Climate change is an inevitable and urgent global challenge with long term effects for the sustainable development of all countries. A report from the Fourth Assessment Report warns of changing weather patterns and rising sea levels due to accelerating GHG emissions from human activities. Along with this, a warming climatic system is expected to impact the availability of basis necessities like food, water, and shelter.
Waste Management/ Recycling
The term sustainability is directly connected to biological or human systems in the context of ecology. More or less is the ability of an ecosystem to function and maintain productivity for a certain period of time is also sustainability. Furthermore, Recycling is the backbone for environmental sustainability. The rate at which we are consuming natural resources and the plants natural capitol cannot be sustained without using them all up eventually.
Looking into the effects that pollution can have on the overall environmental sustainability of our earth, it certainly can have many negative effects, however there are many ways this can be reduced and fixed. In essence, reducing the input of raw materials and energy, minimizing the amount for treatment and disposal, and making sure the wastes that are produced can be reused or disposed easily in a way that is un-harmful to the environment, are ways that pollution can be good for the sustainability of any environment. Using these specific actions mentioned, Washington State Business have said that pollution prevention planning has saved more than 45 million dollars as of 2005.
Waste Management/ Recycling
Environmental Sustainability in Regards to Biodiversity
Political and Economic Issues in regards to Environmental Sustainability
2.The Ebola breakout caused much political controversy and cost out country millions of dollars in aid for curing the disease.
3.On a more positive side, studies have shown that improving climate change might however be doable and not as costly as suspected. Along with this, studies say that is may even benefit the economic, environmental, and health benefits, all while improving environmental sustainability.
2. "Yahoo Web Search." Sustainability. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 June 2015.
3. "Yahoo Web Search." Three+pillars+of+sustainability. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 June 2015.
4. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 June 2015.
5. N.p., n.d. Web. <https%3A%2F%2Fsustainabledevelopment.un.org%2Ftopics%2Fclimatechange>.
6. N.p., n.d. Web. <https%3A%2F%2Fwww.worldwildlife.org%2Fthreats%2Fpollution>.
7. "Recycling Sustainability." Benefits of Recycling. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 June 2015. <http://www.benefits-of-recycling.com/recyclingsustainability/>.
8. "Why the Road to Sustainability Starts with Pollution Prevention."GreenBiz. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 June 2015. <http://www.greenbiz.com/blog/2012/03/06/why-road-sustainability-starts-pollution-prevention>.
9. N.p., n.d. Web. <https%3A%2F%2Fanswers.yahoo.com%2Fquestion%2Findex%3Fqid%3D20130613163151AADJeci>.
10. N.p., n.d. Web. <http%3A%2F%2Fwww.globalissues.org>.