Post Lab 5.1
Blue Dots pg. 92
3) What other tests might you make to help identify these substances?
YOU MIGHT DO A FREEZING/MELITING POINT TEST or A SOLUBILITY TEST.
Gray Box pg. 92
1) In what characteristic property must two liquids differ if a mixture of them is to be separated by fractional distillation?
2) In the fractional distillation of liquids, which fraction has the highest boiling point?
3) I=F II=F III=F and E IV=E
4) How would this, a student collecting two fractions and changing test tubes at the end of the first plateau, affect the composition of the two fractions?
II would be a mixture