Super Star Club
School-Wide Positive Behavior Intervention & Support (PBIS)
Congratulations! You are KEY to assisting GBA achieve these important goals:
• assure a positive environment - giving & getting “respect”
• increase desirable, pro-social student behaviors
• decrease bullying, teasing, defiance, disrespect
• provide multiple levels of praise for the student, plus positive contacts with parents
• use the powerful element of “chance” and the excitement of a “mystery”
• use a research-proven, powerful intervention (tested for 10yrs by Dr. Bill Jenson)
HOW DOES IT WORK? 1st ~ teach your students about the Super Star Club and the school expectations and continuously reinforce them(:>
Give the Good Behavior (Super Star) Tickets as following:
to student(s) NOT in your classroom
anywhere in or around the school
anytime from student arrival to dismissal for these behaviors:
o following a school rule
o caring, being courteous, showing respect/ kindness, positive social skills
o safe behaviors (walking, hands to self, etc.)
o making a good effort, improved behavior
Hand the Good Behavior Ticket to the student and say something like “Congratulations! You’re a celebrity!” Give a positive gesture, high 5, etc.
Give enthusiastic, specific praise for what the student did or said.
Relate the behavior to a school rule, if possible.
NEXT: Direct the Super Star Student to the Vice Principal's Office at a convenient time.
The fun and praise continues...
What is in it for the Student?
- gets lots of verbal praise from the Vice Principal's office
- signs his/her name in the Super Star Album
- receives a Super Star Certificate
- chooses a prize from the Super Star Chest
- pulls a number for their name to go on the Super Star Chart (behind indoor play area) “10 cards across, up & down, or diagonally =all 10 students get the Mystery Motivator."
- has his/her parents called and told about their exceptional behavior
- gets his/her picture taken and put on instagram and twitter
Need more information:
THANK YOU ALL for being Super Stars and creating a positive school culture at
Global Bilingual Academy!