By: Josie Clay, Gavin Davis, and Chase Self
- Both parties in a civil lawsuit must follow certain rules or procedures that describe every step of the trial.
- Both parties in the lawsuit give the court and each other pleadings written explanations of their cases.
- Because the plantiff brings the civil case to court, the plantiff is responsible for providing enough evidence to prove the claim.
- pleadings- A formal written statement explaining the cause of action or the defense in a legal case.
- evidence- Proof that supports both parties' claims.
- plantiff- Person who files a legal action or claim.