war of 1812
battle of new orleans
the Battle of New Orleans
Treaty of Ghent
summary of the War of 1812
Events for the War of 1812
1. The Battle of Tippecanoe, considered the first battle of the War of 1812 happened on November 7 1811.
2. America declares war on Great Britain after many complaints of impressment and Great Britain supporting the Native Americans this happened on June 12 1812.
3. Nearing the end of the war the U.S. begins peace negotiations with Great Britain these begin in Ghent and started in August of 1814.
4. The Treaty of Ghent is signed and agreed on by Americans and by the British the treaty was signed on December 24 1814.
- 5. Andrew Jackson defeats the British at the battle of New Orleans after the treaty was signed the battle of New Orleans happened on January 8th 1815.
impact on different groups of people
impact on native americans
impact on the U.S.
In the beginning of the war of 1812 we had high morale and that continued until the British defeated napoleon. Then they decimated our navy and troops but we held on and everyone was happy when the treaty of Ghent was signed. After this war we lost many troops but the battle of new Orleans boosted our morale back up again.
impact on the U.S. economy
Technology invented during the war
In 1812 there were many key individuals including the war hawks who supported the war and tried time and time again and eventually we went to war these people were mostly young people who favored the war. Also there was Andrew Jackson known for being a general and winning the battle of New Orleans as well as becoming our 7th president and Tecumseh a native american war chief who favored the British and supported them.