Update from Vista Oaks
A great place for your child to grow...
Our first day of classes was a success! There were smiles all around and it was so great to see our Vista Oaks East Bay community enjoying the beautiful Joaquin Miller Park and Recreation Center together.
REMINDER: NO NUTS! OUR SPACE MUST BE NUT-FREE, DUE TO A SEVERE ALLERGY. PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD WITH A SNACK THAT CONTAINS ANY KIND OF NUT!
The K-3 Science Arts class broke into groups of 4-5 children and completed 3 projects. The goal of this class is to expose students to a variety of scientific concepts through developmentally-appropriate activities. The level of comprehension in regards to the concepts will vary by child, but all will be able to enjoy participating and will likely be able to explain some basic concepts to you after class.
The 4th-8th Chemistry class learned about protons, neutrons, and electrons before completing some experiments. Because there is such a broad age and grade range of learners, the level of comprehension in regards to the concepts will vary by child, though the goal of the class is to expose students to upper elementary/middle school concepts through discussions and activities that all can enjoy.
Your children should have come home with handouts that explained what they learned about in their first class. Keep your eyes peeled for these handouts each week and encourage further exploration/research on the topics presented. Jade and the class would love to hear from students who learned more independently!
Scholastic Book Orders
Enrichment Class Housekeeping
We learned a lot on our first day of class and will be making adjustments accordingly, both inside and outside of the classroom.
To better streamline our signing in/out process:
- The sign in/out sheet will be placed in one spot, rather than passed around. Please be sure that you sign your child in and out each day.
- Children heading to class should line up on the wheelchair ramp next to the entrance.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
- There is no school on Monday, September 7th due to Labor Day.
- Jelly Belly Tour on Monday, September 21st at 10:30. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th. This is open to anyone enrolled at Vista Oaks!
- Halloween Dance for the whole family is in Byron on Saturday, October 24th from 7:30-11:30 p.m. Costumes are required, and tickets for the family are $10. You can purchase them from Charmaine in Room 4 or anyone on our Leadership Team. Donations are accepted! Proceeds support our Prom Committee!