Principal's Weekly Newsletter
May 18, 2020
End of Year Information
Unfortunately, we will not be holding a promotion ceremony for 8th grade students this year. Last week, you should have received an autodialer and email with a letter regarding this topic. Instead of a ceremony, we are working on creating a celebration video with pictures of events from throughout the year for our students. It will be posted on our school website and social media platforms on May 29, 2020. Additionally, we are posting new student recognition videos for 8th grade awards every few days.
Item pick up will be June 2nd and 3rd based on last name. We will have drive through service to collect items belonging to students that were left on campus when school closed on 3/13 or related to 8th grade promotion. Items available for pick up include 8th grade awards, promotion certificates, medication in health office, and items left in PE lockers. We will clean out all lockers ahead of time and have items bagged and ready for pick up. For pick up, please report to the gym parking lot. Staff will be outside the gym to get student names and bring items out. Please note, yearbooks are delayed and will not arrive prior to this date. When they do arrive, we will schedule a pick up or delivery date.
Finally, RUSD will be offering an online distance learning summer program. Please keep an eye on the school and RUSD websites and social media for information on signing up your student if you are interested in participating.
- Friday, May 22, 2020: Final day of distance learning. Some teachers may still accept work through the weekend. Please check teacher google classroom pages for information on final due dates for specific classes.
- Friday, May 29, 2020: Final grades are due. Report cards will be processed and mailed out after this date. You can check Aeries for final grades if you would like to access them before report cards arrive in the mail.
- Friday, May 29, 2020: Celebration video posted on social media and school website
- Tuesday, June 2, 2020: Item Pick Up Students with last names starting with A-F can retrieve items between 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Students with last names starting with G-M can retrieve items between 12:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 3, 2020: Item Pick Up Students with last names starting with N-S may retrieve items between 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Students with last names starting with T-Z can retrieve items between 12:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.