May 2, 2016
Watch below as Jennifer Gonzalez, cultofpedagogy.com, explains Chat Stations!
Epic Olympics Review
If you are curious about how Learn Like a Pirate might look in USD 443, contact Jane Culver (K-1 at Sunnyside) or Angie Dahl (4th at Miller). They're both LLAP pioneers in our district!
Join Jane, Angie, and others on Tuesdays in June and July at 8 p.m. for an hour-long Twitter chat (#443llap). We'll archive the chats for PD points.
- June 7: Chapters 1 & 2 (What is a Student-Led Classroom? & Common Concerns About Student-Led Classrooms)
- June 14: Chapter 3 (Peer Collaboration)
- June 21: Chapter 4 (Improvement Focus vs Grade Focus)
- June 28: Chapter 5 (Responsibility)
- July 5: Chapter 6 (Active Learning)
- July 12: Chapter 7 (Twenty-First Century Skills)
- July 19: Chapter 8 (Empowerment)
- July 26: Chapter 9 (Our Purpose as Educators)
Want to participate? Order your book and join us on Tuesday nights. No sign up needed. if you want to sign up to receive reminder emails, etc., then certainly do that via the QR code on the image above.
Want to moderate one of the weeks' chats? Contact Kara Huck (email@example.com) to volunteer or use the QR code on the image above. We still have a few spots open!
#EdCampSWKS - a free day of PD right here in Dodge City, KS!!!
What is an EdCamp? EdCamps are free professional development occasions. Sessions are created at the site based on participants' interest and abilities, so EdCamps provide a relaxed atmosphere to connect with others who share your interests and gather knowledge from those who have more experience.
Join us on June 16 at Linn Elementary. Check in is at 8:00 am, and sessions will begin at 8:30. We can't wait to see you!