NCA Extended Care
I love fall! It has always been my favorite season. Every year, my family goes to the pumpkin patch to get pumpkins and other décor for our porch. We take a hay ride and sip on hot apple cider! We come home and make pumpkin bars. More importantly, we spend time together and enjoy God's beautiful creation. I know this year will look different for our family, but we will still do what we can to keep some of our favorite traditions.. I love the change Fall brings. The leaves are changing color, it's getting darker earlier (Which helps with bedtime routines!) There's just a rhythm and routine that Fall brings to us that I am so grateful for. I love experiencing Fall to its fullest, and I love that the Lord is taking delight in our experiences. God is with us for the little moments and the memories that will last a lifetime. Ecclesiastes 3:1 - "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."
Mrs. Angela Leyba
Early Learning and Extended Care Director
PJ's and Stuffies (November 22nd)
For all day camps, please make sure to send your child with 2 snacks, and a healthy, robust lunch!
Cooking Camp (November 23rd)
For all day camps, please make sure to send your child with 2 healthy snacks and a healthy, robust lunch!
Things to bring to extended care:
We are delighted to partner with you and support your children with tackling homework at Extended Care. Please remember to bring:
- Homework - Please have your child bring their spelling list and Bible verse too! We are happy to help them work on these!
- AR Books - if your child doesn't have any homework to do, we will encourage them to spend some time reading.
- A Healthy Snack.
- Coming to Extended Care = 1 ticket
- Participating in homework time = 1 ticket (This varies based on grade level, for a kindergartener, they can earn a ticket for practicing writing their name, a 3rd grader can earn a ticket for practicing their spelling words)
- Reading AR books or Bible = 1-3 tickets (based on how long they are reading for)
- Various jobs = 1-3 tickets (this could be something like helping clean up a table, or for our older students, it might be helping a younger student with reading)
What do we do at Extended Care?
- Snack Time
- Homework/Reading Time
- Free Choice Play
Items can be sent to: Northshore Christian Academy
C/O Christian Klumper
5700 23rd Drive West
Everett, WA 98203