Arcola Intermediate School, 11/19/2021
American Education Week
A Reminder about School Conferences
- November 23rd is a choice of in person conference or a virtual conference.
- November 24th is scheduling virtual conferences only.
The Counselors' Corner
As we are in the beginning of the holiday season and Thanksgiving is just a few days away, there is much to be thankful for. In the blink of an eye we will be looking back on what we are most grateful for as well as counting our blessings in moving forward. During the approaching teacher conferences, think about all that is positive that is going on with your child, reach out for suggestions for whatever can be improved, and be thankful for all that is around you — the school counselors are here for you should you need to extend conversations that were held, or for support in finding resources to best help your child find success here at the middle school. We have brochure resources for the following: Taking Tests, Manage Your Time, Taking Notes, Getting Organized, Preparing for Tests, Memorization Strategies, Setting Goals and Making Choices, and Classroom Success, which can be found here: https://www.parent-institute-online.com/ep/eplibrary.php?7328-L580929
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life”~ Melody Beattie
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- Students are to wear masks on the bus
- Students are not permitted to be guest riders on any other bus; students must ride the bus they are assigned
The Methacton Backpack program is up and running in each of our buildings and serves district families in need with supplemental food and non-food items. This program helps create food stability for breakfast and lunch when our students are not in school. Weekly, the program sends home a bag of breakfast, lunch, and snack items for the weekend and holiday breaks for students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Families who qualify for free/reduced meals are eligible to participate in the Backpack Program. Please contact the school counselor if you would like to register your child for the Backpack program.
In order to continue to sustain the program please consider contributing and donating items to the program. Items can be donated directly to the school or you can place an order through Amazon and ship it directly to our school from the Amazon page.
Please remember to select, “No Weekend Delivery.”
What items can I donate?
Individual Serving Food Items
· Single serving boxes of milk (shelf-stable/not refrigerated)
· Mini cereal boxes
· Canned soup (cans with “pop tops”)
· Oatmeal Packs or cups
· Applesauce and fruit cups
· Chef Boyardee, Hormel, Dint Moore Meals, etc.
· Easy Mac Cups
· Cracker packs
· Sweet snacks: Fruit snacks, pudding, granola bars, individual bags of cookies, etc.
· Salty snacks: pretzel packs, goldfish crackers, popcorn, etc.
· 100% juice boxes