Head U Gator News
September 29, 2017
Technology classes for parents!
Technology would like to provide classes for parents in technology issues. Please visit this link: https://goo.gl/forms/VIEICxKIhTOwLXKA3 to provide some feedback on what kind of classes you would like. Kyle Berger, our Chief Technology Officer, will oversee each of the sessions.
Wear blue to stomp out bullying!
Monday, October 2nd kicks off Bully Prevention Month. Students are encouraged to wear blue!
·Download entry forms and guidelines at http://www.txpta.org/reflections-participation or pick up a copy from the front office
· Create as many pieces from as many categories as you wish
· Submit entries to front office by Thursday, November 2nd
· Plan to attend the awards ceremony in January to be recognized for your work/s of art
· Contact email@example.com with questions
Student voice in GCISD
GCISD policy -birthday treats
Food items are allowed at Glenhope as long as they adhere to the following guidelines:
1. No homemade items will be accepted (many allergic reactions are a result of cross-contamination).
2. Birthday Treats must be wrapped, store-bought items, and accompanied by a nutritional label. (This will allow campus staff to determine if the snack is appropriate for the other students in the class.)
3. Treats will be distributed at the end of the day.
Recommended list of food items:
- 100 calorie snack packs
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Teddy Grahams
- Potato Chips, pretzels, Goldfish
Other non-food recommendations for celebrating your child’s birthday:
- Have their name on the marquee ($10 fee to PTA)
- Donate a book to the library in your child’s name.
- Stickers, pencils, notepads or other fun school supplies.
- Gel pens.
- Donate a game for rainy day recess