Kansas/ Good Times and Bad Times
BY: Maci Smith
Wichita- The Air Capital
- The legacy of travel air manufacturing made Wichita the air capital!
- Up until World War 1 most planes were made out of wood and cloth.
- Money from the expanding oil industry in Kansas helped finance it's expansions.
The Consumer Economy
- During the 1920's , the American lifestyle was based on a consumer economy.
- During World War 1, the U.S government needed to buy uniforms resulting in standard clothing size.
The Great Depression
- What become known as the great depression lasted through the 1930's.
- The great depression was also hard on farmers.
- In The 1920's, Kansas state government took a stand against the KKK.
- A powerful lantern was made and sold by the Coleman Company and by 1920 the factory was producing 50,00 lanterns a year.