Welcome Letter from Principal Woods
My name is Tony Woods, and I am honored to be the principal of Lee High School. As the leader of this fine institution, it is with great excitement and enthusiasm that I welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year. Hopefully you had an exciting, fun-filled, and restful summer. While some of the FamiLEE have moved on to pursue other endeavors, we are ecstatic about several new faculty members joining our FamiLEE. I am extremely excited to have our students back in the building this year. The last two and a half years have been tough on all of us, but we are still standing, and for that, I am thankful.
Our theme for this year is UNITY. We will be working on returning to a culture of excellence by continuing to work together as a faculty and student body to learn and grow together. We have been challenged over the past few years, but this year we will continue to better ourselves as a whole school. I don't have to tell you how important this year is. We will approach it with grit, passion, and positivity. Our mission is daunting and will require a certain level of dedication. I truly believe in our faculty, students, parents, and staff. Again, I look forward to seeing and working with everyone as we lift Lee High School to new heights.
We all know families are loving, close, cliquish, and at times dysfunctional, and I believe this sounds a lot like our FamiLEE. With that being said, every one of us are here to serve and better our children. At 2500 Meridian Street, loving, educating, caring, and supporting all of our children is the way of life. Yes, we will be challenged by our children and may become frustrated at times, but we still must find a way to work with them. Over the last few years, we have made tremendous progress in building positive relationships with students and faculty members, yet we still have a long way to go. It is imperative that we continue to build on this momentum.
This year Lee High School will focus on lifting, engaging, and empowering (LEE) all of our students in a loving and supportive environment as we prepare them for successful lives after graduation. We will continue to graduate every senior in the building, produce masterpieces like “Sister Act,” increase overall student achievement, and win state championships all because of you… We got this!
"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward."- Martin Luther King Jr.
Happy Birthday to the following students who have birthdays this week!
- Monday 8/1 - Dontavious Cousan, Nyla VanDenBerghe, Daylon Williams, Daymon Williams, Sherryfat Osinboyejo, Trevon, Baker, Derrick Brandon, Alondra Felix, and Makynzie Riley
- Tuesday, 8/2 - Maya Petty, Alex'Sean McKinney, and Arionne Sanders
- Wednesday, 8/3 - Sharonne Lakes
- Thursday 8/4 - Taquan Fields and De'andre Ward
- Sunday 8/7 - Simeon Butler, Shankeria Russell, Zakiya Phifer, and Trayveonna Fountain
Weekly Announcements & Updates
*Reminder that school starts at 8:30am each day! Students are expected to be in class in their assigned seats by 8:30am each day!
*On Tuesday, August 2nd (first day of school):
-All 9th graders should report to the theatre for an assembly and to recieve their updated schedules.
-All 10th-12th graders should report to the cafeteria for an updated schedule.
*Attention all students! The schedule you recieved at orientation was just a draft. Please ensure you pickup your new schedule (printed on blue paper) in the morning on the first day of schooland follow it rather than the white schedule given to you at orientation.
*Any students interested in running for 2022 Homecoming Court should apply at this link ASAP! Pease see Ms. Pippin with any questions.
- Shout-out to all the cheerleaders, band members, and student volunteers who came to perform or give tours at freshmen orientation last week!
- Shout out to the 2022-2023 Drum Majors of the Lee High 5-Star Marching Machine Band: Mr. Davin Taylor & Mr. Treshawn King!
- Shout out to the band for an awesome performance in the 2022 W.C. Handy Parade in Florence on Saturday!
College Counselor Updates
- College Counselor Weekly Email – The College Counselors send an email once per week with updates for all grade levels. If you are not receiving this email and would like to be added to the list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your child’s name, grade level, and school.
- Connect with the District College Counselors online! We’re sharing information about college, scholarships, FAFSA, and more! Facebook: HCS District College Counselors. Website: https://sites.google.com/hsv-k12.org/hcscollegecounselors
- Please click here for the 2022-2023 college info chart!
Monday, October 3 - Friday, October 7: Fall Break, No School
Friday, November 11: Veterans Day, No School
Monday, November 21 - Friday, November 25: Thanksgiving Break, No School
Friday, December 16: Half Day for Students, End of the First Semester
Monday, Dedember 19 - Tuesday, January 3: Winter Break, No School
Resources For Families
If you need your username and password, email email@example.com
All Huntsville City Schools Athletic events require tickets to be bought on GoFan this year.