Rights are things that you are allowed to do or have that cannot be infringed by the government.
The First 10 Amendments:
1. Freedom of speech, religion, press, etc.
2. Right to keep and bear arms.
3. The conditions for quartering soldiers.
4. Right of search and seizure.
5. Provisions regarding the prosecution of an individual.
6. Right to a speedy trial.
7. Right to trial by jury.
8. Provision against excessive bail and cruel punishment before trial.
9. Rule of construction regarding the constitution
10. The rights of the states under the Constitution.
- Serve as a jury or witness in court
- Registering for a draft
- Attend school
- Obey laws
- Pay taxes
- Respect the rights of others
- Support and defend the constitution
- Stay informed of issues affecting your community
- Help candidates win elections
- Improve your community
- Express opinions to influence government