Grace Episcopal School Vol. 12, November 12, 2014
A Message From Dr. Ricks
Parents and Friends,
It is hard to believe that we are going into the week of Thanksgiving Break. Our school year is at the half-way point, and it seems to me that we just began. Our PreK4 students are really mastering their sounds, and our 3rd and 4th graders are tackling difficult math concepts. This week, I gave an exam to my 8th grade English class and most students wrote essays that required both the front and back of the paper...such a long way from the one paragraph answers that they were struggling with in August! I am so proud of all our students and of how much they have progressed in these few short months since the beginning of the school year.
By now, you have received your Annual Fund mailings and pledge cards. Thanks to our Admissions and Marketing Coordinator Liz McQueen for her work to launch our campaign with great success! Thanks as well to Breanna and Orum Young, who are serving as our Annual Fund Chairs this year. Our message, "Small Change Equals Big Changes," is one that matters to our school and students. Some of you may wonder how the Annual Fund affects your children. Annual Fund gifts are unrestricted, and Annual Fund first covers the gap between tuition and actual operation. Any amount over that can benefit the school as designated by the Board of Trustees and will usually go towards special improvements in facilities or programs. Thank you to those of you who have already pledged your support, and I am proud to report that we have 100% participation from our Board of Trustees. Please know that the Annual Fund is as much about participation as it is about the amount raised. Any contribution is greatly appreciated; your small change can mean big changes for Grace Episcopal School.
Dr. Beth J. Ricks
Head of School
Last call for December and January lunch forms - Thursday, November 13th.
Sweet Potato Sale Orders due Friday
We are in full soccer and basketball mode now. The MS teams are doing very well and the LS basketball teams will start their game schedule tomorrow vs. Sallie Humble.
The GES boys soccer team is undefeated beating Riser and a rain shortened tie at St Fred's. They played a tournament last Sat and went undefeated in that as well.
The girls soccer team played a tough St Fred's team last week and also tied. Both teams are in action tonight at Good Hope.
The GES girls hoops continue to impress with strong games vs. Woodlawn and AE Phillips. The boys and girls are back in action next Monday, Nov 17 at Farmerville.
There are only a few home basketball games left so come on out and support the MS boys and girls. Keep up the hard work boys and girls and always we are #GatorProud!
Christmas Cheer Food Drive 2014
LA A+ Arts Integration
GES Technology - Digital Art
The Pot and The Palette Cookbook
We have additional cookbooks signed by Jacques Rodrigue in the school office for $25. These would perfect for Christmas and Wedding gifts. Stop by the school office and pick yours up today!!!
World's Finest Chocolate
Fall is in the air at GES!
This Week at Grace
- 3rd-5th Grade Chapel at 8:00 AM
- Middle School to Strauss Theatre
Friday, November 14th
- TGIF Lunch
Monday, November 17th
- K-2nd Grade Chapel at 8:00 AM
Tuesday, November 18th
- 6th - 8th Grade Chapel at 8:00 AM
Wednesday, November 19th
- Holy Eucharist Grades 1-8, Parents are welcome!!!
- Open Mic Night - 6-8PM - Come Join the Fun!!
What's Coming Up?
- Thursday November 20th - PreK-4 Feast Lowery Hall 1:30PM
- Friday November 21st - Pajama Day, Home for the Holidays Pep Rally 10:30AM/ NOON DISMISSAL/NO GAP
- Monday November 24th-Friday November 28th - Thanksgiving Holiday
- Friday, December 5th - Grace Gator Day
- Friday, December 12th - Red and Green Free Dress Day
- Thursday, December 18th - GES Christmas Program at 6:00 PM in Grace Church
- Friday, December 19th - Pajama Day, Class Parties, Noon Dismissal, No lunch or GAP
- December 22 through January 5th - Christmas Break
- Tuesday, January 6th - Classes Resume
- Friday, January 16th - GES Barn Party