Ms. Pool's Problem Solvers
Very Important Field Trip Information-See Below!
Last Week We Needed a BOOst of Encouragement in Finding Simple Solutions to Problems Encountered Daily...What Would YOU Do?!
Stuck On An Escalator - Take Action
Check out all the learning opportunities that this challenge will provide us!
- The students analyze attributes of two-dimensional and three-dimensional solids to develop generalizations about their properties
- The students select and use units to describe length, area, and time
- The students apply math to problems arising in everyday life, society, and the workplace
- The students use a problem-solving model that incorporates analyzing given information, formulating a plan or strategy, determining a solution, justifying the solution, and evaluating the problem-solving process and the reasonableness of the solution
- Students select tools to solve problems
- Students communicate mathematical ideas, reasoning, and their implication using multple representations
- Students create and use representations to organize, record, and communicate mathematical ideas
- Students analyze mathematical relationships to connect and communicate mathematical ideas
- Students display, explain, and justify, mathematical ideas and arguments using precise mathematical language in written or oral communication
- Students know that natural world includes earth materials by observing and describing properties of freshwater and saltwater and distinguishing between natural and manmade resources
- Students know that living organisms have basic needs that must be met for them to survive within their environment by identifying the basic needs of plants and animals, identifying factors in the environment, and comparing the ways in which live organisms depend on each other
- Students use creative thinking and innovative processes to construct knowledge and develop digital products
- Students collaborate and communicate using digital tools and resources to reinforce and promote learning
- Students acquire and evaluate digital content
- Students apply critical-thinking skills to solve problems, guide research, and evaluate projects using digital tools and resources
Wednesday, Feb. 24th 2016 at 8am
Forth Worth Science and History
Students will be exploring the exhibits and museum!
Permission Slips: Went home in Monday's Binder
What do you need to do?
Turn in permission slip with $8.00 ASAP!