Update from Vista Oaks
A great place for your child to grow...
Update for April 24, 2015
Important Upcoming Dates
State Testing - Byron
- April 20 - May 1: See below for more information.
Parent Input Meeting - Byron
- April 21 at 11:30: See below for more information.
- April 29 from 3:00 - 4:00: More information below.
Physical Fitness Testing
- Thursday, May 7 from 10:00 - 11:00: More information below.
- Friday, May 8 - See your teacher for more information.
- Tuesday, May 26 at 4:30: Theatre at Excelsior Middle School
- Tuesday, May 26 at 6:30: Theatre at Excelsior Middle School
Yearbook Update - Date Extended
Have a Picture for the Yearbook? - Picture Submission
- If you would like to submit any pictures to possibly put in the yearbook, please email them to Charmaine by Sunday morning April 27th.
- 3 photos max please.
- We will consider all photos.
Buy Your Yearbook Now
- We are submitting the yearbook on Monday, so buy your yearbook before Monday!!
Have questions? Feel free to ask, ask, ask!!
- Have Questions? Please contact Charmaine if you have any questions or want more information, contact Charmaine at Charmaine.Abasolo@VistaOaks.net.
It Is Time! - SBAC and CST Testing Schedule
Thank You! - Thank you to all of the families that came to the first week of Byron state assessments! What a wonderful group of students we have!
Testing Schedule - Below you will find an overview of the final week of testing.
Want to View a Practice Test? - To learn about the types of questions on the computer-based test, you and your child can view the practice test online at the California Department of Education (CDE) Smarter Balanced Practice Test Web page.
Questions? - Please contact your advisor if you have any questions.
Byron - State Assessment Schedule
Physical Fitness Testing - Thursday, May 7 from 10:00 - 11:00
When? Thursday, May 7 from 10:00 - 11:00
Why? To help students develop life-long habits of regular exercise
What Else? Coach Michael (Thursday Enrichment Classes) and several of our teachers will be at the Byron site on May 7 to guide students through California's Fitness Assessment. Activities students participate in check for aerobic capacity, endurance, flexibility and strength.
Orientation Meeting for Incoming High School Students
- When? Wednesday, April 29 from 3:00 - 4:00
- Where? The Resource Room at the Byron site
- Why? To provide parents and students with an overview of high school requirements, what Vista Oaks will be offering to 9th grade students in 2015-2016, tips for success in high school, as well as a time for questions
- Who Should Come? Students in grade 8 and their parents are encouraged to attend. If you have a 7th grade student and are wondering about the upcoming high school years, please feel free to join us, too!
- Want More Information? Email Joy at email@example.com, Al at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Lydia at email@example.com.
We Want Your Input!
As we begin to plan and prioritize, we want your input. Here is how you can help.
- Survey - Please complete the survey below. Your responses will help guide our staff as we plan for the upcoming year.
- Parent Input Meetings - Please join us for a time of reflecting on what we have accomplished this year, what we have yet to accomplish, as well as time to brainstorm and share ideas to make our school better in the next school year.
- Parent Meeting in Byron - We will hold a Parent Input Meeting between the morning and afternoon testing sessions on Tuesday, April 21 at 11:30. Students can bring their lunch and enjoy some semi-organized, supervised fun while we discuss ideas for the upcoming year. Adults will meet in the Resource Room from 11:30 - 12:30.
- Questions? - Please email Joy Groen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May Madness! Join Us for Fun in May
Mark your calendars and please join us for some fun during the month of May.
Thursday, May 14: Tie Dye War and Art Show
- 4:00 - 5:00: Tie Dye "War" - RSVP Required - Bring a light colored t-shirt, shorts and goggles for a fun time at a "Tie Dye War." Then, bring a picnic dinner and enjoy getting to know other families. Please bring a dessert to share. RSVP by May 11 to email@example.com. (So that we can have enough supplies ready, RSVP to this event is a must. Thanks!)
- 5:30 - 7:00: Student Art Show - Enjoy browsing through the classrooms to see some of the incredible art our students of all ages (TK - 12th) have worked on throughout the school year.
Tuesday, May 19th: Scavenger Hunt and Game Day
- 1:00 - 3:00: Come join us for a scavenger hunt…and your children might just learn something, too! There will also be different games, stations and activities set up around the blacktop that students can choose to participate in. A popcorn machine and snow cone machine will be on hand for parents and kids to enjoy, too! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15.
Have you completed the Parent Input Survey?
Reminder: Drop Off and Pick Up Spot
- If you are dropping off or picking up a student, please continue to use the loading zone directly in front of the district office. (See map below.)
- Feeling confused or unsure of where to go? Please look for a Vista Oaks staff member. We will be there to help!