Bulldogger Tech Talk
October 1st - 5th
- Launch Chrome apps using a fancy popup.
- Reorder them as you like using drag'n'drop.
- Filter your apps and hit enter afterwards to launch the first result.
- Choose preferred icons' size in options.
- Click to launch an app.
- Show launcher using keyboard shortcut (default: Ctrl + . - on Linux you need to update it yourself using a "Keyboard shortcuts" link on the bottom of the chrome://extensions page).
- Navigate through apps using arrow keys.
Podcasts in the Classroom
4 Benefits of Classroom Podcasts and 4 Ideas to Try Today
There are some great ideas in this article. You can also find a compilation of ideas from other educators, including:
- Use podcasts in conjunction with Google Tour Builder to create virtual field trips with student recorded tour guide voice overs. (What a fun project!)
- Build an original soundtrack that compliments the rising action, climax, and resolution of a novel. (Why didn't I think of that when I was in the classroom?)
- Create a “day in the life” documentary that describes the sights, sounds, and activities in an ancient metropolis (or any location).
- On a field trip, students use a voice recorder, such as the one available through the Soundtrap app, to take notes and a digital camera to take photos.
Let's be honest, all of our students could use some help with their listening skills most of the time. This article has some different podcasts that you could incorporate in your classroom.